M1000rr 2023 ownership and mods

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky67

Reaction score
Hi

So I have had my M1000rr 2023 now for over a month . Done 350 miles and it?s had its first service . This bike can be serviced from 310 miles onwards as per owners manual .

so as it?s unlocked I started the mods ?.

NRC Tail tidy 2023 . Looks great and fits the same as the S1000rr 2023. Easy to fit .
evotech radiator guards - excellent quality and so easy to fit.
TWM carbon fuel cap for the M1000rr - same on the S1000rr 2023 and earlier models
Full PPF - 6 meter kit covering every carbon part on the bike by invisible patterns .
Akrapovic titanium headers . E-b10e8 . Same as earlier models .. 2021/2022

standard exhaust sound was a let down and now with the Akrapovic headers and standard factory tune/map ? sounds quite beastly .

Next on the cards is a tune .. not sure which one . Brentune or SLR . Anyone else started their mods yet ..

IMG_5315.jpeg

IMG_5319.jpeg
IMG_5259.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.

SLR or Brentune?! Jesus, no. Leave that to the US market... Over here you can get much much better. It's a ?35k bike, it needs professional tuning.

yeah I wanted a tune with a handheld unit . So I can flash back to stock when required :shame:

any suggestions ?

Thanks for posting.

SLR or Brentune?! Jesus, no. Leave that to the US market... Over here you can get much much better. It's a ?35k bike, it needs professional tuning.

Stunning bike!

If you go down the handheld tune route, what?s the motivation for flashing back to stock? If it?s for when taking to a dealer, they?ll still see the number of times the ECU has been re-written, so it?s not going to avoid any potential issues in that regard.

Places like RS2E and Phil Crowe Performance consistently come highly regarded

I believe Phil will flash it back to stock for a fee...

I've not rushed my '23 to RS2E because I'm trying to work through at least a couple of thousand miles before adding risk to a warranty claim.

if they dig deep yeah suppose . But talking to some techs and owning various bikes and cars over the years .. why make it obvious obvious ? plus motorad don?t check how many times it was flashed as routine . better they find a standard map .

so would prefer a handheld unit .. I can then flash it on and off whenever I like without any bother .

frank at SLR is quite competitive in his pricing ?

Stunning bike!

If you go down the handheld tune route, what?s the motivation for flashing back to stock? If it?s for when taking to a dealer, they?ll still see the number of times the ECU has been re-written, so it?s not going to avoid any potential issues in that regard.

Places like RS2E and Phil Crowe Performance consistently come highly regarded

Heat

Have you noticed excessive heat on the side fairings? Picked mine up just over a week ago and around your legs the carbon fairings get super hot. Any suggestions?

Mine gets hot when riding slowly or at a standstill. That said it?s designed for the track and not for tootling about on A and B roads.

Latest posts

Back