Is it a good price

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Is it worth 9k

my 2 cents, the only toys I see is HP/Gilles rearsets and Austin Racing end can with some chrome pipe. chroming out wheels and swing arm isn't counted as toys I guess, neither are stickers.

....And carbon infills around the tank (not a biggie).

The Gilles pegs have the end stop missing from them on both sides (not a biggie).

It might be just the picture/light but that rear looks like it has done some work on track?

that's Dunlop D212 good track tire, so probably have been to the track

Not sure if it means anything but I've noticed the bike advertised several times now. With the price being a reasonable starting point especially with the mileage it just sets alarm bells off with me

Re: Another bike value price , sorry

I bought my bike a 2011 off bmw for 8.5k last year off a bmw dealership with 18k on the clock, the money your looking at spending I recommend visiting a bmw dealer you also get a full service, mot and 2 year warranty.

That two year warranty is something to look at when your almost spending 10k on a bike and the used market isn't that much cheaper without all the benefits.

Also have a look at cubo moto. Every bike ive seen in there is near mint condition. Top guys to deal with.

That bike looks very nice based on the advert but I do agree with the post by P0u1, for that kind of money you might get a nice dealer approved bike with all the benefits.

...and no need to apologise about asking questions, that's what the forum is about :).

Last edited:

+1 with soofsayer. You will pay a bit more from a dealer, but a BMW approved from a dealer will have FSH, MOT and comes with 2 yr warranty & roadside assist throughout Europe. You might get a bargain on E-bay, but if something goes wrong down the line you have little comeback.

Last edited:

Hi ziggy, what about this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608116687968
imagepng

2nd gen, lowish miles, Worth a haggle?

its got to be the motorsport colours guys , i love the look :)

the bike above looks like its an import , would this put anyone off with future selling and he wants 8500 for the bike
Screen%20Shot%202017-04-10%20at%2016.09.49.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Theres a nice gen 1 on ebay for less than 9000. Loads of extras

don't like the colour of the wheels and also don't like the exhaust, What do you think about the bike in question , would it being an import put anyone off ?

Personally i wouldnt buy anything im not sure about. But everybody is different. I once bought a car that i didnt hpi and lost ?3000 so im a skepticle about anything that doesnt come with a warranty.

Re: whats this worth please guys

That's not a bad price for a 13 bike with ok miles. You could always ring a BMW dealer and ask what a bike the same would be worth to them, generally the sales guys I deal with are easy going enough to be helpful with that kinda thing to a point. If it has service history etc then good. It's hard to say off a photo. He has it at 9750. So I reckon he'll be hoping to sell at nothing less than 9500. If the bike is a good un if it was me I would be cheeky and go in at 9k and stick at it. There will be others if you don't bag it..... this is the exact wrong time of year to be buying and looking for a bargain just as the weather is getting good.

Re: whats this worth please guys

Depending on what it's like when I got there I'd offer ?9500 as long as it's well looked after. I think the advertised price is pretty decent as long as it's a genuine looked after bike. If it wasn't I wouldn't even waste my time trying to haggle him down as there's plenty decent ones out there. Everyone's different though! I have a 14 plate with about 9000 miles on any a few desirable extras and if i put it up for sale now i wouldn't take less than ?10,250

Latest posts

Back