Is it a good price

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Explained on other threads. They gave me a cash payout in lieu of repair cost, so was not written off.

Right so let me get this right ! The bike is clean as far as being HPI check ? If i did buy it and then sell it on i don't have to declare the bike being stolen because its never been written off ?

You don't have to but if you know (which you do) it would be misleading at best. The steering lock would be hard to explain though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can't see what the seller is doing wrong now all this information is on here, He bought the bike , It hadn't been written off and he's selling it as it is , he's explained about the steering lock so good on him i say

can't see what the seller is doing wrong now all this information is on here, He bought the bike , It hadn't been written off and he's selling it as it is , he's explained about the steering lock so good on him i say

Its stolen recovered, he's not mentioned that, or that it is beyond economic repair to get it back to pre theft condition. I thought the advert said 'px to clear' also.

Ultimately its up to you fella, it's your wonga. I see it like this: The price is low compared to other 3rd gen bikes, but it's not apples and apples, this bike has high miles and history. Whether that makes a material difference to your ownership experience time will only tell, probably not, but when you come to move it on, this bike will be at the bottom of the price guide, by some margin, and that's if you can find a buyer willing to have it (trade or private), presuming you declare the facts.

If you are happy to have the bike warts and all, IMO you could haggle a much better deal by telling the seller you have been in touch with the previous owner :). He should be happy to turn a small profit and move it on quickly. The insurer valued it so we know what's it's worth 'broken', there's no need to pay much more than that.

so what do you think would be a good price to pay for it ? I think the original owner sold it for ?6500 and by the time he threw another lets say ?600 at it the bike owes the seller ?7100

7000 /7500 is a fair price

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

IMO more than ?7.5k and it's not a fair price for what it is. Also remember it'll be due a big service soon (I think Gixxerchuck said it was coming up ?). That'll be many hundreds.

I didn't get it written off as with the payout from the insurance company I knew I could sell it privately as it was for 6.5k which I did so I got a total of 12.7k back. Write off route I would have got around 11k after buying back and selling. No brainer. I sold it with all facts stated for a price I believed reflected its condition with a view to the buyer making it a track buyer. It got bought by a dealer (never told me he was a dealer) so any onwards misleading is not my issue. It's also why I posted the note in the for sale section to protect you guys. From what I can tell it's had new tyres, a seat and seat pod. Needs the 32k valve service doing, speak to a BMW dealer for a quote. It's your cash, your choice. It was a brilliant buy at 6.5k to be a track bike. Not sure at more than 7.5k as a road bike, and the frame should be xrayed just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allowing it to be written off would have probably have been the easiest way to protect potential buyers with Hint sight

Allowing it to be written off would have probably have been the easiest way to protect potential buyers with Hint sight

But that would have cost him 1.7k! Through something that wasn't his fault to start with!

Its not his job to Police others. And as pointed out, the thought was that it would make a good track bike.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
ziggyboy.. you still looking for a S1000RR.. if so...
have a look on ebay at the 2012 red and white series 2 from Jax Motorcycles. ?9150
This is where I bought mine 18 months ago, and it's almost identical. Mine was just too old for BMW YORK dealer stock so it went to Jax Motorcycles York.
Really pleased with mine... so maybe worth a look??

Re: Is it worth 9k

Playing devil's advocate (only you can decide whether it's worth 9k to you):
1) Pillion seat but no pegs?
2) the front (lights and screen) look terrible
3) Not sure about the stickers - do you like them? No idea ho the 761 Crew are. Might want to check to ensure they're not part of ISIS or suchlike.
4) Seller hasn't spent much time with the advert - no detailed breakdown about all the extras on offer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back