Insurance and me a happy man

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow i either didnt shop around or live in a much worse area than i realise!

I'm 27, 2 years ncb, cheapest was MCE, £1k fully comp, with tracker and datatag... and it doesnt cost any more to add my vfr800 on too, which was a nice surprise!:D

i wouldnt worry, you get what you pay for, anyone who says that they are paying small premiums are either bending the truth, not fully comp or the policy is not worth the paper its written on

also third party fire and theft is a risk whether it be a car or bike.

i wouldnt worry, you get what you pay for, anyone who says that they are paying small premiums are either bending the truth, not fully comp or the policy is not worth the paper its written on

also third party fire and theft is a risk whether it be a car or bike.

No truth bent in mine, even declared a previous claim all be it with the car!

Insurance is up is 2 weeks so was shopping around this morning.

I was 27 when I bought my S1000 from dealer and the only company who would insure me was BMW Insurance and only Third Party (so they wouldn't have to pay for my bike) with a shocking price of £1500.

Skip a year and it dropped to £600 with MCD as the broker, I was over the moon with this to be honest. Even tho with my previous bike before the S1000 I was £68 for a year.

Now this year time to renew and £120.

So what shocking prices have you guys had for your S1000? I'm sure most of you have a few years on me in the age department though

120 and your not 30 yet? take it that it doesnt have an engine?

tell you what i will call all of you out!!

if you have said that you got a ridiculous price then prove it lets see pics of your document, obviously covering sensitive parts!

if you are not lying and your policy is actually worth the money you paid you WILL get an apology from me and i will send you summit nice!!

cant say fairer than that

doc

Looks like I made a error it was actuall £200 with pillion and £190 without! It's on phone see if I can sensor some details out!!! What's my prize haha

120 and your not 30 yet? take it that it doesnt have an engine?

I did state in a post a little lower it was TPO, as thats all I need. Proof Below.

Thats listing all mods including Carbon and decat exhaust with akra. Clean License held for 7 years with 5 years NCD.

insur.jpg

That's also third party only!

What did I tell you now show me what you pay fully comp?

I also live in a Group A Postcode.

A = Lowest Risk
thru to
F = Highest Risk

is there a list of postcodes with risk ratings? would be interested.

would just like to agree with doc too, all you lot claiming ridiculously low quotes... i call Bullsh*t!!

Anyone one on Class1 Business insurance?

Paying just over £500 and 10k miles. 40yrs, 5yrs NCB & experience, garaged, SW London.

Used to pay £240 for fully comp, class 1. That was until someone wrote it off, then jumped to £700 and now £540 the year after. 33 and a zillion years no claims.

Back