Hoping to buy soon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaffa22

Reaction score
Hi All, my name is Mark.
I have had a number of 1l sport bikes mostly fireblade's.
In January this year I decided to replace my ageing blackbird so bought a new VFR1200 GT.
Shortly after I swapped the insurance from my Repsol Blade to the VFR some theiving scumbag stole it. So I have no sports bike and am therefore ?6k out of pocket. What's more frustrating is I know who stole it.

Any way having the new VFR I did not think I would miss the blade, but I have learnt that nothing replaces the buzz you get from a litre sport bike.
So I asked myself the question, what can replace the fireblade. I came to the conclusion that the best thing out there is the S1000RR.

I had a test ride on a new 2016 bike but can't really afford one so am looking for a low mileage 2013 gen 2.

Have learnt quite a bit already from browsing this forum so thought I should say thanks and hi.

Hi Mark, great choice of bike. I had a bike stolen a few years back and now have Road Angel Biketracs fitted to both my bikes, 100% recovery rate by Road Angel apparently.

Anyway, welcome to the site and I hope you find a great deal soon.

JimmyMac

Firstly welcome to the site Mark
I'd say a lot of us here have at one point had our bike stolen so can feel for you
But you've made a good choice deciding to go for the s1000rr, it's a great bike whether it's the first second or third model
So good luck with your search and keep us informed when you purchase

Mark, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you had your blade stolen and you know who took it (send the boys round??)...

Anyway, good luck with your search for a nice 2013 bike. If you post a wanted thread in the exchange and mart section you might find a member who is looking to trade in? Just don't buy anything off StuartB, he goes off roading on his lol.

Thanks guys, I would send the boys round but he's currently resting in Her Majesty's Prison. Mind you he's safer in there, he admitted to nicking a few bikes last time he was caught so there's several bikers who would like to see some biker justice served up, if you know what I mean.

Will keep you posted with progress.

Hi Mark
Sorry to hear your news! These scummers who steal your pride and joy should have their hands cutting off - a real deterrent - they'd not do it again!
Any ways I've recently bought a 2013 rr sport and can honestly say it's the best sports bike I've bought having had a few. Strongly commend your decision to buy one. Good luck with finding a nice one.
Luke.

Latest posts

Back