And she's off!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
As of the 28th I will no longer be a BMW owner!

Bought the bike in May 2020 (gave over the money in time for the bike to be held in lockdown :ambivalence: ) and have had a lot of fun but it no longer meets my needs.
My commute is changing from 100 miles round trip to nearly 200 and that's a lonnnnnng time to be hunched over trying to keep out of the cold! :cold: Will also be spending a fair amount of time on single carriageway roads and need something that doesn't make that feel so frustrating when passing opportunities are infrequent.

So, I'm swapping the superfast S1krr for a Burgman

OK, not a scooter (sure it makes sense but the cost to my soul...) but a Tracer 7. Pretty light, good wind protection (tested at 4 C in belting rain) with the GT screen and handguards, comfort seat is a definite all-dayer, and mpg between 50-70!!!! Might even be possible to do the round trip on a single tank although one bad day on the North Circular will put a stop to that idea.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted so there will be a couple of bits for sale (CF hugger, Ventura sports and top box rack, rear seat top box rack) but most bits are going with the bike. Keeping the Tuono though 'cos I'm not dead yet :biggrin-new:

The Gen3 did you well but it does sound like it's the wrong tool for the job and you'll be better off with a more frugal tourer with lower running and physical costs.

The MT07/Tracer 7 platform seems to be very popular, I hope you're really happy with it.

Thanks folks. Had a bit of a sad moment as I waved the bike goodbye (yesterday, there was a delay in delivery). Now to wait for the fun moment to see how much it goes up on the dealer's website for :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back