Hiya

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Hi there, new guy posting here, I live near liverpool, currently riding a suzuki GSX650F (09), will have held my licence a year come July.

I really want an s1000rr and shouldn't have trouble financing one, but thought I'd perhaps ask here what people thought of them?

I want an s1000rr sport in fire blue, not I believe as standard these have DTC and quickshifter, is that correct? Also I can't seem to get insurance until I've held my full licence for at least a year, I have no idea why this is? I'm 35 so not your typical "boy racer" but literally nowhere will give me competetive quotes on insurance without having held licence for at least a year!

Anyway hope to hear from some of you guys who own these machines, do any of you use it for commuting? That would be the primary use for the bike, but of course I do a lot of rideouts during the evenings and weekends especially when the light nights come in!

Just hoping to really get the bike of my dreams and enjoy it!

Welcome, I don't understand why you can't get insurance, I know lots of people who have passed their test and bought a bike the next week with insurance.
You should take a S1000 out for a test ride from your local dealer, I'm sure you will like it.

I passed my test on a z1000 and bought a s1000rr three months later , got insurance with bike sure for £950 im 47 years young

came down to £560 this year with 5 years NCB and because ive passed my test 18MTHS. IF I HAD PASSED FOR 2 YEARS I HAD A QUOTE FOR £280 THE ROBBING FUCKERS,

I think I'll wait until next july and try and get a quote on the s1000, at the moment best prices I'm getting based on having held licence for 1 year and 1 years NCB (which wont be til july) is £800 but the excess totals £2000 which I think is quite a rip off... hopefully in another year and with 2 years NCB it'll be more reasonable!

came down to £560 this year with 5 years NCB and because ive passed my test 18MTHS. IF I HAD PASSED FOR 2 YEARS I HAD A QUOTE FOR £280 THE ROBBING FUCKERS,

How have you got 5 years ncb and only had licence less that 2?

Back