HID Kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

first one is standard lights, 2nd is the led sides then main the high beam

The side lights...what's the fitting? W5W?

Did you get the LED's which are for CANBUS? I need to get new bulbs to match my Low Beam HID.

Hardest bit was finding place for ballasts and getting rid of" bulb out"on dash

So is anybody going to recommend the ones they use. I fitted a 35w 6000 to my dip, the light beam was 2 meters in front of the bike. I made adjustments to the beam height but lost the intensity to one spot, alot of light but no beam. That bike was stolen recently in the Cannons of Braintree break-in, when 11 bikes got taken and I would like to get my replacement HP4 correct. How did peeps remove the on dash warning when fitting LED sidelights? as I would rather know my engine temp than LampF displayed. TIA Glen

I have a 55w HID hit fitted and it's significantly brighter but I've not tried it on road yet (I'll let you know).
I've also just bought, as a test, Canbus compliant LED sidelights. Again I will fit these and if they work I'll post the details.

55w 6000k is what i use with slimline ballasts. The leds triggered fault. Go into set up and scroll through , 1 bit says something about surpress light fault (not those exact words but its obvious). Manual says its used so track bikes can take indicators and numberplate light off

I've ordered 35w slimline ballast kit from hids4u (non canbus). They have said wire up and if produces error codes can swap to canbus version. Updates to follow when fitted.

Hi there

some of the best headlights if have seen were on Mibridger's bike at the Bmw day at donnington. I think he said they were Phillips hid bulbs and led sidelights. Sure he'll be along to give us the correct details if I haven't got this quite and maybe pics.

Cheers

dean

Now fitted. I will do a how to and show the ballast and starter location (this is the hardest part!)
Before

After

Difference in colour (high beam is yellow on left, HID is white on right

Latest posts

Back