Help - random indicator failures

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
So bike goes for service and get told number plate light is out (d3 tail tidy). Get home and have a look and find out not only that, but the back rear left indicator (watsen design) is not flashing either.

Cue me arising about with wires and removing the rear plate light (believe it not fitted no mot issue for it not working) and notice the indicator is actaully working but very very dim (looks like it's only getting 7v ish but hard to measure as voltmeter shit and by time it updates the voltage drops down again with off/on flash.

Try swapping them around to check connection...oh good they both work now... O wait, front right indicator is now not working (also watsen)

So 2 hours of swapping connections on back and disconnecting each or both and find I get a lamp warning only if right rear indicator is disconnected but nothing for left one. Now seems totally random if it will be the front right or rear left that will not flash properly... Then every so often they all work fine..then they don't. Agh!! :blue::mad:

any ideas? Will call dealer in morning but warranty ran out last week between service and me getting a chance to have a look although I did call them to say something was up.

Should add, these have been on big for almost 2 years without problem. Wiring harness used and have resistor fitted (which are bluddy hot lol)

Yes. Led ones which were fine last 2 years :(

Swapping back OEM will be a right pain but can't think what else to try. Not the indicators themselves as will work fine then change which one doesn't.

Yes. Led ones which were fine last 2 years :(

Swapping back OEM will be a right pain but can't think what else to try. Not the indicators themselves as will work fine then change which one doesn't.

Garage want me to remove resistors and will prog ECU for LED indicators - not holding my breath as now seems to permanently not working

Latest posts

Back