Led indicators help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro3178

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I like to change my indicators on my bikes to led ones , just for look purposes. I haven?t had any issues previously and normally just used resistors to cancel out any warning lights. No matter what I try I can?t get it to work on my 2010 RR . The lights function properly, no fast flashing etc just get the lampF warning . At the moment the led indicators are on with no resistors and work fine except for the warning , if I use the resistor ( will attach picture ) then the leds flash fast. The bike already has led cluster tail lights fitted ( not by me ) . Is there any way to get this to work?

Cheers
0eb65a190d33a4f60a8270e29a043736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do that for headlights in settings for track purposes, not sure about indicators tho..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

You can do that for headlights in settings for track purposes, not sure about indicators tho..

Cheers Stuart. I ended up just soldering some small 12v bulbs in-line to trick the canbus, all working now but still confused why the resistors didn?t work. All good now anyway.

Really lol.. what does that look like..post up a pic..canny beat a crafty move [emoji3]

Last edited:
Really lol.. what does that look like..post up a pic..canny beat a crafty move [emoji3]

Lol, it?s all back together now, didn?t think of a pic!
Basically I just soldered some wire onto the positive then wire onto the negative of the 12v bulb, rapped this in heatshrink then hot glued to underside of fairing , I then soldered in-line with the new led wiring and the bike connector so you can still disconnect when removing the fairing to work on the bike.

I managed to pick up a GS-911 so cleared faults and double checked, works a treat now with no faults.

Pretty decent.. GS 911 is a handy tool ............MR 299 MPH..bet you forgot about that lol..
925258e04c30077706185036b74259fd.jpg

And by default.. look at the screen below..showing led or lamp style indicators, might just have solved that indicator issue..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back