Hello from the Indian Ocean

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rorybeanz

Reaction score
Hello Lads and Lasses,

I know it seems a bit brash asking for help with my first post; here goes anyway...

I'll be buying an s1000rr when I get back to the UK in May and just wanting to know what I should be aware of in terms of model updates / improvements since this bike was launched?

Also as I will most likely be buying a used bike what should I be especially looking for in terms of condition and service history?

Any and all advice much appreciated; looking forward to contributing to the
forum!

Thanks again,

Rory

Welcome. What are you doing in the Indian Ocean?

others more knowledeable than me will answer your question, however there was an upgrade in 2012. In terms of condition and service history, low mileage for year, in good nick with FSH cant do any harm !

Welcome. What are you doing in the Indian Ocean?

others more knowledeable than me will answer your question, however there was an upgrade in 2012. In terms of condition and service history, low mileage for year, in good nick with FSH cant do any harm !

Hi mate,

Driving my ship toward Santos in Brazil - 3 weeks of looking at water so loads of time to do some window shopping online. I've seen the 2nd gen was launched in 2012 - is the a vast improvement on the original b ike?

Hi mate,

Driving my ship toward Santos in Brazil - 3 weeks of looking at water so loads of time to do some window shopping online. I've seen the 2nd gen was launched in 2012 - is the a vast improvement on the original b ike?

I'm afloat as well not too far from you.

I never rode the original bike but my 2013 RR is way better than the L0 Gixxer Thou I had before. When you get back take a test ride. I think the 2012 plus bikes had slightly quicker steering and cosmetic changes; I'm sure someone more kowledgeable will be along to fully explain the differences.

2012 had shorter wheelbase and steeper rake , biggest plus was heated grips :)
2010 span up the fastest
2015 looks like the best of all the iterations

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the info. I'm now looking for a 2nd Gen bike. My M3 is dakar yellow so I'm thinking a yellow one would look good next to it in the garage.

Latest posts

Back