Hello from Lincs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3204

Reaction score
Thanks for having me at the forum - long time lurker first time poster.

I'm looking to get back to an S1000RR after owning a Gen 2 several years ago probably my favourite of the sports bikes I've owned (R6, GSXR750, 1198S, Panigale 1199).

I sold it for some reason that made sense at the time but I can't really remember what it was.

I live a few miles away from Cadwell Park, so I would like to get back on a track a little.

Anyway, I hope to be able to make a useful contribution and get some good advice.

Any decent roads between Boston and Cadwell?

The roads from Boston to the Wolds aren't great - the A16 is a bit of a nightmare and the smaller roads are very straight (being fenland).

Once you get to Spilsby and then Horncastle the B1225 over the Wolds is very nice - very popular.

Not that I've noticed in the couple of years I've been here. They tend to go for the A46 between Caistor and Grimsby.

I can tell you from experience that Lincolnshire average speed cameras have a tolerance of 10% plus 2 mph.. :-(

Ouch!

There's also a mobile speed trap near the racecourse in Market Rasen on the road to Louth, usually on Wednesday evenings (bike night at Willingham Woods).

Latest posts

Back