Glorious day :-)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Weather was at last superb.
Quick trip to Kingston...

Attachments

• image-3763900008.jpg
    image-3763900008.jpg
    649.5 KB · Views: 58
looking good Alex, great to be out? send some of the good weather this way........ lol

Well it's raining now - boo...but I got home just before - yay!

Guys looking at that bar behind the wheel how long a chain do you think would be required to get the wheel and bar tied down? 75cm? or a 1m? (Thinking of the shortest chain I can travel with). It's not likey that I can get the wheel that flush to a something when out and about so I'm allowing for variations on that theme.

Well it's raining now - boo...but I got home just before - yay!

Guys looking at that bar behind the wheel how long a chain do you think would be required to get the wheel and bar tied down? 75cm? or a 1m? (Thinking of the shortest chain I can travel with). It's not likey that I can get the wheel that flush to a something when out and about so I'm allowing for variations on that theme.

Tragic having to go to these lengths to protect our machines... thefts up our way are quite rare. Must be a bit of a worry down your way Alex... I would think yours would defo be a target... its a real looker

Tragic having to go to these lengths to protect our machines... thefts up our way are quite rare. Must be a bit of a worry down your way Alex... I would think yours would defo be a target... its a real looker

Yeah, I was watching the phone for text alerts like a hawk! Travel sized chain ordered. Its never going to stop a determined gang but at least the opportunistic thieves will walk on by.

Box hill. Lovely vista and country walks.....that'll kill you in bike boots :) more relevant is that Rykas cafe is at the bottom of the hill. The car park is full of bikes at weekends, and it's a popular place to meet for the start of a rideout. Newlands corner is also a good place to stop for bikes and a bacon butty, and it's just a few miles away on the outskirts of Guildford. Further afield you have the Chalet Cafe near Horsham and for a decent trip to work up an appetite, head to Loomies near Alton. I sometimes go to Goodwood Aerodrome cafe on the half chance there will be a Spitfire...or three. There are load of good roads to explore for all of these.

Box hill. Lovely vista and country walks.....that'll kill you in bike boots :) more relevant is that Rykas cafe is at the bottom of the hill. The car park is full of bikes at weekends, and it's a popular place to meet for the start of a rideout. Newlands corner is also a good place to stop for bikes and a bacon butty, and it's just a few miles away on the outskirts of Guildford. Further afield you have the Chalet Cafe near Horsham and for a decent trip to work up an appetite, head to Loomies near Alton. I sometimes go to Goodwood Aerodrome cafe on the half chance there will be a Spitfire...or three. There are load of good roads to explore for all of these.

+ 1.... It's a great bikers meeting spot on Sunday's !!

Just been out for first run on BM, this year, very nice! Quick (free) coffee at Coopers Tunbridge; 2016 does look very similar to my 2010. Think I need to get out earlier next week as loads of cars on the road! - even managed to reset the clock on my own, without consulting the book. Think I'm just gonna rack up miles this year.

230 miles two up today, Market Harborough to Macclesfield (had to take in Cat & Fiddle) and back, brilliant run, mostly dry roads, lots of bikes - Matlock Bath chocca, just sitting down for a cuppa!

Latest posts

Back