European Track Days 2023

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all who are we all using for track health insurance for euros.

Last year i used RBG but the website has gone funny. Cant switch it to english or work out how to buy.

Im going Portimao with FE in May so need someone they will like too if anyone had any experience.

i've gone for an allianz policy this year, UK based as opposed to french which hopefully should help if theres an issue, and a lot cheaper.

theres a was a discussion on another forum about it as there was conflicting replies when asked about t/day cover, but looked to be cleared up, i also rang them to confirm, just to be safe, and was also informed t/days, as long as non competitve are covered.

i've gone for an allianz policy this year, UK based as opposed to french which hopefully should help if theres an issue, and a lot cheaper.

theres a was a discussion on another forum about it as there was conflicting replies when asked about t/day cover, but looked to be cleared up, i also rang them to confirm, just to be safe, and was also informed t/days, as long as non competitve are covered.
Can you post a link please?
Is it an annual policy?

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

They're very cheap and FE have questioned it a few times. We had to sign another form saying that if we weren't covered by the policy we would still be liable for charges.

FE are very " strange" in what they will and will not accept, problem is that FE are mainly almeria where there have been issues for as long as i can remember as the circuit use a private hospital which complcates claims as you are supposed to get authorisation from the insutance company before you can use a private hospital, this is where the problems arise. FE give you the option of taking out insurance at the circuit to cover yourself. was about 25euro/day

i have it on very good authority that NL accept the allianz policy now

FE insurance is suspect too.
Lad that got bust up last year at Almeria had paid for insurance but it never got processed and you never get the T's & C's / cover note.
He had to wait hours, in hospital till it got sorted...with a broken pelvis.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Allianz annual policy holder here, also have an email from customer support confirming motorcycle track events is covered under 'track events'.. removes all doubt that the policy covers track riding (useful at sign on)

'Coverage with Allianz Assistance for Motorcycle Track Events can be found in the attached Policy Handbook under sports and leisure activities covered (page 17-18).
You are covered to take part in the sports and leisure activity listed below, as long as you are not:
? taking part as a professional;
? racing; or
? taking part in a competition.

You must use all recommended safety equipment and keep to all local laws and regulations.
Track Events. (this includes Motorcycle Track Event).'

I could not find anything in the policy document stating private hospital treatment is not covered.
The policy document infers you are covered for private hospital treatment if that is where you are taken in an emergency (and have no control over where you are taken). It points out your EHIC / GHIC cards do not cover the cost of medical treatment in a private hospital.

just renewing my EHIC/GHIC card anyway .. www.ghic.org.uk

They're very cheap and FE have questioned it a few times. We had to sign another form saying that if we weren't covered by the policy we would still be liable for charges.

FE question any insurance apart from there own at Almeria in my experience

used rgbsport for one trip (same company fe use).. and had to sign another form. (rgbsport policy when taken out on the website had a fairly low limit on medical expenses ?30,000.. limit on the Allianz gold policy is ?10 million)
on another trip had to leave a ?100 hold on a credit card, in case the private ambulance had to take me to the public hospital (instead of the private one FE use).. think i had holidaysafe cover at the time
oddly on the last trip I didn't have to do anything (FE@Jerez not Almeria)

I've used the Allianz policy with both FE and NL last year

Morning,

Also Allianz and just back from Andalusia with NL and had no issues.

I spoke with Allianz before going and they confirmed track days are covered under organised motorcycle events and you have up to ?10M repatriation cover which they provided in a letter to confirm.

Hope that helps, NL are quoting Allianz as a recognised insurance provider. Other people in Andalusia had to take out new policies before being allowed on track

Sent from my XQ-BC52 using Tapatalk

you're welcome chaps :)

Thanks a million mate.

Been trying to get RBG again but the website is a myth now (cannot convert it to English)

Im heading portimao with FE in May ill get the allianz policy. (?11 for 4 days) :joyous:

Hope they dont pull me up on it. I did message FE & they said they were working with RBG but charging 33 euro per day!!!

Thanks a million mate.

Been trying to get RBG again but the website is a myth now (cannot convert it to English)

Im heading portimao with FE in May ill get the allianz policy. (?11 for 4 days) :joyous:

Hope they dont pull me up on it. I did message FE & they said they were working with RBG but charging 33 euro per day!!!

That just seems waaaaaaaay too cheap to me.

You've all scared me stiff lol

Have emailed them saying if they can 100% confirm it will cover a non competitive 3 day motorcycle track day.

Lets hope for the best. Although judging by everyone's comments its seems like it should be good.

Allianz will confirm TD's are covered. It's FE that get funny about it, but I've been to Almeria twice using the Allianz policy and they have accepted it on both occasions, but the last visit the made me sign another form.

Latest posts

Back