No bike track days at Silverstone in 2024

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard two things;
Someone passed on a bike this year so Insurance could be an issue...not sure I buy it.
They are booked out for other events with richer backers...seems legit.

Not sure that can be it, cos they are still running car track days. Also just remembered that BSB is avoiding Silverstone next year too...

i've read the track prep work would prove to dangerous for bikes on circuit (for whatevr reason) whilst upgrading for F1 requirements

Not popular enough! Yeah, because its an expensive product that no one wants to buy 6 months in advance when it might rain.

If you don't fancy going out in the wet on a ?99 day at Brands its not to much of a loss. Different story at Silverstone loss wise.

So the bike days don't get snapped up in Jan and we would rather wait, so they see low take up and decide that they can use the track time for something else; i.e. cars. Happened last year didn't it, they pulled half the bike days.

I love Silverstone, and will miss it this year.

Lack of popularity is dur to extortionate pricing. its not rocket science, sale and demand means no demand (at those prices) so no sale. Personally I don't like it, no character, no soul ....

Last edited:
Ditto, it?s never really worked for me, doesn?t seem to flow very nicely and it?s too wide!

Latest posts

Back