Gearbox trouble

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, going in next week as cant find neutral ! got full austin system with pcv will this affect warranty ?

Not sure about all dealers but I was in Balderstones yesterday and they stated that any 'Non road legal exhaust' may invalidate the warranty. My friend (from this forum) was enquiring about all aspects of the warranty and which exhausts didnt invalidate the warranty. Ring a dealer that isnt involved in the work and double check. You can always return to std until the work is done.

It's all down to dealer discretion. Some will be ok with it, others won't.

It's all down to dealer discretion. Some will be ok with it, others won't.

Which is arse is it not? As far as this particular dealer was aware the road legal Akro with removable baffle and small cat was the only exhaust selection that would still allow the warranty to be valid! Even the BM race system with ECU would invalidate the warranty.... WTF. Why would you make components that may damage the vehicle you made it for! I understand you can never know how the customer will use the bike, but ffs, the limiter should still stop an engine blow and the valves shouldnt burn out using the bike for street/trackday use!

My bikewent in for a gearbox fault, came out with a complete new engine. It went to the dealer in full Super Stock Spec, it even had my race fairing on. All work was covered under warranty with no issue at all. It's then I was told its all down to dealer discretion.

My bikewent in for a gearbox fault, came out with a complete new engine. It went to the dealer in full Super Stock Spec, it even had my race fairing on. All work was covered under warranty with no issue at all. It's then I was told its all down to dealer discretion.

Can't say fairer than that. Worth looking into for the op just in case it's one of the bad dealers.

To late now as going in wed, Chester dealer & have`nt got time to change back .As engine`s been out already for bolt issue perhaps i will blame them !

To late now as going in wed, Chester dealer & have`nt got time to change back .As engine`s been out already for bolt issue perhaps i will blame them !

Good luck mate, to be honest they cant really blame a gearbox fault on an exhaust!

when mine was new it was a real pain to find neutral i could only ever find it from 2nd now it has 1500 miles on the clock its getting better

to find neutral I have to go to 2nd then neutral, I don't find it a big deal im used to it now

Back