Full akra system

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markashford82

Reaction score
Hi guys looking at buying a 21 plate msport.It has the full akra fitted by bmw from new.The guy hasn't had this set up on the dyno as he said it would void the warranty.Is there any issues I should be aware of before viewing.

Cheers Mark.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Full akra from factory would have cats thus stock map still applies.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Full akra from factory would have cats thus stock map still applies.

Thanks for the reply it has the de cat headers on it the photos he's posted doesn't look like the cat is still there.

Then it wasn't fitted at the factory.

Might have been dealer fitted...but thats different.

Map's are detectable, and will void a warranty where there is a clear link between the failure and the ECU.

Then it wasn't fitted at the factory.

Might have been dealer fitted...but thats different.

Map's are detectable, and will void a warranty where there is a clear link between the failure and the ECU.

Alex sorry it was fitted at the dealer and the owner didn't have it mapped because of the voiding of the warranty.Not having been through this before just wondered before viewing if this is normal.

As above the bike runs wide band sensors
Thanks guys put my mind at rest if I buy it where would you guys recommend to have it mapped and are the benefits worth doing it for.

When I was buying a new 22 RR I asked 2 dealers about fitting Akra headers, and what the warranty situation would be, they were a bit vague about it, but when pressed said if there was a serious engine problem, BMW could theoretically decline a warranty claim. I don't know if noisy exhausts without cats are road legal, but I decided I didn't really want to alert every traffic plod that I was approaching, and might be speeding too.

How does it go mot wise would they demand the original exhaust to fitted to get it through emissions?

How does it go mot wise would they demand the original exhaust to fitted to get it through emissions?

I don't believe there is a specific emmissions test for motorcycles.

As above, it?s down to the discretion of the tester with regards to how loud it is and whether it has the relevant stamp, road legal, not for road use etc etc. I think the correct stamp is usually the BS AU stamp.

Done my first mot last month with full system on. And only got an advisory for noise. And mine is very loud so was expecting it

We won?t be stuffed just means sticking the cat back on just for the mot.

Traffic police might have something to say about that.

I asked about warrenty if i changed exhaust and mapped it.
Apparently changing exhaust alone wouldnt void warrenty but mapping would.
Which is strange since mapping it to suit would be safer option for the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back