Flat battery from OEM alarm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyboy

Reaction score
Anyone had any issues with OEM battery ?

If i leave my bike for 3 days or more the battery is flat , I have to turn the alarm off to not have a flat battery and basically defeat the obvious of not having my bike protected ,

Surely this can't be right , The battery i have fitted is the 8AH and i have heard of others having 10AH or even 12ah

Anyone got any info on this please

I'm pretty sure if the bike is bought with the OEM alarm fitted as an option then BMW fitted a larger capacity battery although I am not 100% where I read that admittedly, I have however read that some people having bought the BMW alarm have gone on and fitted a larger battery.

OEM Battery

If you opt for the BMW alarm when purchasing a new S1000RR it will come supplied with a larger battery. If you don't the bike is supplied with a lighter Yuasa YTZ7S MF OEM battery.

If you bought it from new I suggest you go back to the supplying dealer, how long have you had it? If the bike isn't new have you kept the battery conditioned over winter etc, it may be it's just knackered and you need a new one. As an aside I don't have alarms on my bikes nowadays as they make little or no difference to the insurance and as you've found drain the battery.

I've had same issue with my '17 plate....my bike has the bigger battery fitted but alarm drains battery within a week of bike standing. I can't trickle charge as my garage doesn't have power supply :-/ Regardless i'm surprised how quickly the battery drains??!

I've had same issue with my '17 plate....my bike has the bigger battery fitted but alarm drains battery within a week of bike standing. I can't trickle charge as my garage doesn't have power supply :-/ Regardless i'm surprised how quickly the battery drains??!

did you take to BMW and what did they say to resolve ?

alarm turns off after 3 days of non use
that's not my experience of it?? Mine appears to stay on (led flashing) until i use the bike again (longest so far is 10 days when battery was so flat it wouldn't start the bike!) .....if it's anything like the datatool/meta alarms maybe it goes in to some form of sleep mode after a while?? Either way it kills my battery if left for any longer than a few days :(

Hi guys
Due to have factory alarm fitted this week (got it as free upgrade when purchased but had to wait as on back order)
Have read there is an LED indicator.... Anyone tell me where this will be, and/or do they drill holes or anything? Really don't like the idea of them sticking it somewhere naff!!
Thanks
Spraggy

Hi guys
Due to have factory alarm fitted this week (got it as free upgrade when purchased but had to wait as on back order)
Have read there is an LED indicator.... Anyone tell me where this will be, and/or do they drill holes or anything? Really don't like the idea of them sticking it somewhere naff!!
Thanks
Spraggy

No LED is added. It is in the dash already...

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
I have a tracker on mine and was fitted with larger battery and still on my second battery in 2 years

I also have a tracker on mine, and most days I get low battery warnings. Then when I go online and have a look it shows 12.5 volts.
My battery is also always plugged into a Optimate unit, so cannot understand why I am getting this problem, unless issue with faulty tracker.
Dealer wants to test the battery this weekend, and maybe give it a "deep charge" which is surely what the Optimate does?
Having my bike all day while they lend me a bike, is time I would prefer spending on my own machine.

Latest posts

Back