First big ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesd

Reaction score
Hi all thats a 200 mile day done...:eagerness:

What can I say other than WOW.....what have I been missing. We started off heading into the Yorkshire Dales. When I got to Stump Cross Caverns (about an hour in) I went from rain mode to slick....Holly S@#t...

Didn't keep in slick for long, I thought was clinging on to the Starship enterprise....:race2_smilie: My understanding of slick is that it puts the engine into full power mode, on my 2012 ,193bhp, but on relflection it didn't feel much faster than race mode. What I thought it did was make the throttle much more responsive.

I settled for the rest of the ride in sport.

One thing which is at the top of my shopping list is a double bubble screen, owt over 75 and the wind was really pull off my head.

It did get hot when I first started off on my ride it felt hot I stopped just to check all was ok.

It took of bit of working out that quick shift only works with throttle open:hopelessness::stupid:

However, I clised the throttle and went for a quick shift change (which it wouldn't do) and the engine made a whole of poping, I hope it was spitting the blue flame of joy, cause it sounded like some thing from BSB.

All in all the bike is great so comfy compared to my old bike and much more fun...

2348362_zps5gplr6mc.jpg

HAHA Done it.. if theres a Mod about please can you delete post two...My pic didn't work.....

Latest posts

Back