Exhaust advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldie

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm after some advice if possible. I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 2011 s1000rr and before I splash my hard earned cash I was after some personal opinions - do I go with the decat option and if so what is entailed (is remapping required etc) or do I just go with a nice end can? I'm a pretty fast road rider and I've done the odd track day but I'm not sure on which option to go with, thanks in advance. :Banane19:

Hi folks, I'm after some advice if possible. I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 2011 s1000rr and before I splash my hard earned cash I was after some personal opinions - do I go with the decat option and if so what is entailed (is remapping required etc) or do I just go with a nice end can? I'm a pretty fast road rider and I've done the odd track day but I'm not sure on which option to go with, thanks in advance. :Banane19:

Some say it's not necessary to re map after de cat, I always do with a pcv to be sure + some cans will be too noisy for track.

Thanks, please excuse my ignorance but what is PCV, I'm guessing power commander? Seen it mentioned in several posts
If you want to go down this route speak to Mark Brewin at BSD in Peterborough

I bought a 2013 S1000RR in Feb this year and the previous owner had fitted a Two Brothers Black Series end can. I've had no issues with it running smooth however it was/is too quiet for me. I've just received a Danmoto decat link pipe that I ordered direct from China off their website (was ?130 delivered including customs charges). It's in the garage now being fitted so should be a lot louder. The end can came with a baffle as well (which I've never fitted though) but should be good enough to get it through MOTs and knock the loudness of a bit for track days and if it is too loud on the road. I've had loud bikes before (the loudest was probably a KTM Superduke 990 I had with fully opened Akrapovics).

Once fitted, I'm gonna see how she runs with the new decat pipe. If needed I'll go and get the ecu flashed and remapped at Hilltop - but not expecting to need to do this as it should be just fine according to BMW Chandlers in Portslade who've fitted a few full race systems without remapping.

Good luck!

A pal of mine has a 2012 S1000RR and has fitted a set of akrapovic headers with the short stubby can. It coughs and spits at each gear change and sounds like a fast jet passing. This is fully decatted and has had no other modifications done to it. Runs perfectly well, and has a really nice flame on downshifts... I think a pcv would get the best out of this or even a remap.

Latest posts

Back