EU Track Days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@SuperS1K

Reaction score
Hi Y'all

I'm about to embark on my first EU track day experience and am seeking some advice on equipment to pack.. (I'm sorry if this topic has been exhausted!)

Can anyone list essentials to pack with my bike equipment, or a resource where I can refer to? Any any advice in general would be much appreciated

I'll try and update my progress via twitter

Thanks

Euro adapter for your extension lead
A seat
anything else you would take to a UK track day

Extra medical coverage over and above your EHIC card. Track medical clinics are considered private so EHIC wouldn't cover those costs. Most tracks in Europe will offer their own daily medical insurance as an option and some Spanish tracks are making it mandatory. You will likely want to include your own travel insurance to include repatriation too. Tracks will often present you will a bill to replace any armco etc that you damaged in an accident, so consider checking if your insurance will cover that too if you want to be safe.

With that done, I think the logical things have been covered by the others. eg: Electrical adapters to run tyre warmers, bog roll, maybe 200 euros emergency cash in case your cards aren't accepted or don't work. And someone in the paddock who knows where your emergency contacts Nos, healthcare cards, etc are located.

I'm sure anything you forget can be borrowed off someone else if needed. So just go have fun and hope you get some decent weather.

Last edited:
Good evening Everybody

thanks for the good advice and tips, all noted

herewith my list of things to take for comment or ridicule :eek:

240v adapter
EU Adapter
Extension lead
Tyre warmers
Paddock stands
Camping seat
Small Camping table
Tool box & kit
- Cable ties
- BMW Tool kit
- Lubricants (oil/coolant) are you allowed to pack this?
- Pump
- Torx set
- Allan Keys
- Bikes manual
- Spare key
Medical & Repatriation Ins
Gaffa tape
Paper towels
Note pad

What do you think? Bit OTT

ATB

My thoughts, poor as they might be.

If your taking cash, then coolant and oil can usually be bought locally once there. I've found Pumps are always laying around, some tracks provide air pumps. Lets be honest none of us are WSB riders, so tyre warmers can usually be missed if you know its going to be warm where your going, only takes a lap or 2 to get soft rubber hot enough.

I would include baby wipes, they come in handy for all sorts of things (especially sweaty smelly bollox syndrome). And check brake pads before leaving, fit new if needed

Why do you need a 240V adapter? Europe is 240V? Just the Euro plug will do. I would get a 16v one of ebay and fit it to your extension lead before leaving. Oil and coolant can go in the stillage with the bike.

Latest posts

Back