Trackday Toolkit?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam187

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Being this is my first BMW, I?m trying to put together an essentials toolkit for track days.

Any advice for must have items would be appreciated.

Assumption would be tools to remove fairings, levers, wheels and brakes.

I currently have all my tools in full size cabs in the garage so what to build an essential toolkit.

Keep it simple. It?s a trackday and not a club racing meet. All you really need is tools to take the wheels off to change tyres and to fit a baffle. A tyre pressure gauge is essential. If you need anymore than that you?ve probably not prepped the bike properly.

That Teng kit is definitely ideal, last very well. Having a specific toolkit is best for trackdays. Grab and go.
Plus if you do euro trackdays its so much easier to write 1x Teng 95 piece toolkit on the carnet

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Keep it simple. It?s a trackday and not a club racing meet. All you really need is tools to take the wheels off to change tyres and to fit a baffle. A tyre pressure gauge is essential. If you need anymore than that you?ve probably not prepped the bike properly.
Agreed keep it simple. I was a Silverstone recently and there were plenty of bikes in the novice group on tyre warmers etc. etc. I usually go in inters. I don't bother taking anything off. I run it with indicators, mirrors, number plate, std. exhaust. The essential tool is a kettle, milk teabags, a mug and a spoon and knowing how to adjust your electronics.

When I take the road bike I get the wife to bring stuff in the car and then collect it at the end.

The absolute essential is the camping chair???.

I don?t bother with warmers or stands, just a few bits and bobs tool wise and that?s pretty much it. On the last day I was going to take the stands and warmers but I?m a lazy fat wank so decided not to bother.

When I take the road bike I get the wife to bring stuff in the car and then collect it at the end.

I don?t bother with warmers or stands, just a few bits and bobs tool wise and that?s pretty much it. On the last day I was going to take the stands and warmers but I?m a lazy fat wank so decided not to bother.

Lol.. I love an honest man !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Spotted at knockhill yesterday [emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]
Confirmed no tyre warmers and the essential camping chair!

c38d61ce6d6b3c8d4e85d535053a1e22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back