Race Pro settings fJerez circuit Euro track day & Michelin Power cup 2 with warmers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Race Pro settings fJerez circuit Euro track day & Michelin Power cup 2 with warmers

Guys

I am curious to see what race pro mode DDC settings people have run at Jerez , (i know its all based on individual Weiight. Height ,track , tyres etc but i am curious to see what owners who have the gen 4 RR ran the race pro settings at,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I watched the Dave Moss premium content which is quite educational , looks like 6-6 -6 iis not the way to start , from what i can see from his videos it looks llike start with

race pro 1 at 2-2-3 or 3-2-2

race pro 2 at 3-2-2 or 3-3-3

Race pro 3 at 5-3-2 or 3-2-3

I also had the Alpha racing handlebars fitted & they are much wider if fully adjusted & again curious to know other owners who have the Alpha set up & what they like/dislike on track.

Question , does Focused events have a suspension tuning service i can use at Jerez ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

II was also interested in what starting tyre pressures would you recommended for Michelin Power Cup 2s when using tyre warmers (so I watched the Sylvain G premium content & will start with his suggestion of Michelin hot recommended pressures & minus 0.5 bar for using warmers) anyone agree/disagree with Sylvain G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post a picture of the Alpha Bars as they are very different to stock/OEM so anyone interested can see what they look like.

Spoke to Phil; at Phil Crowe Performance & his advice for track day/racing progression was adjustable rear sets & adjustable clip on so you can make more room & open up the bike for more comfort & better body position for hanging off the bike on track.

constructive input welcome here,,,,,,,,,,,,, As a novice trying to progress i find the amount of real world track advice available very conflicting depending on who/what you listen to.

Has this been you experience when starting to want to progress on track.

Good solid advice always welcome , feel free to chime in if you have lots of track experience

Re: Race Pro settings fJerez circuit Euro track day & Michelin Power cup 2 with warme

572E7C19-8931-488F-AD3C-8374229CF009.JPG

Re: Race Pro settings fJerez circuit Euro track day & Michelin Power cup 2 with warme

IMG_7068.jpg

4F03E989-D6C5-463F-9FED-CE36B236829C.JPG

What was Sylvain?s recommended pressures for the cup 2?s? The Michelin website is pretty clear on what pressures to run with the cup 2?s so I?d go with that.

I used to subscribe to his content and vaguely remember watching the vids on using the cup 2?s but can?t remember the pressures.

• front 2.4 bar (34.8 psi)
  • rear 1.7 bar (24.7 psi)
  • SG says reduce starting hot pressures by 0.5 bar if using tyre warmers , yes I can see the Michelin recommended I'm saying if you start with warmers do you use the hot pressures as suggested by dropping the hot Michelin recommended pressures by 0.5 bar when using tyre warmers , ill see what happens any way after the first session as I go through the day I'm sure ill find out what works best
at Snetterton in August I used the power GPs & I started with cold pressures & had warmers on , I am sure this was wrong now & that I should have started with the recommended hot pressures.

• SG says reduce starting hot pressures by 0.5 bar if using tyre warmers , yes I can see the Michelin recommended I'm saying if you start with warmers do you use the hot pressures as suggested by dropping the hot Michelin recommended pressures by 0.5 bar when using tyre warmers , ill see what happens any way after the first session as I go through the day I'm sure ill find out what works best
at Snetterton in August I used the power GPs & I started with cold pressures & had warmers on , I am sure this was wrong now & that I should have started with the recommended hot pressures.

correction , I watched the SG video again he's recommending 0.1 bar under Manufacturers hot pressures when using warmers..............................

Makes sense. His assumption is that you will add the 0.1 on track through use.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Well what I?d do is whilst the bike is on the stands and the warmers are on I?d keep adjusting the pressures until they are exactly where you want them before heading out. Then when you come in check the pressures immediately, see where they are at, hopefully still where you want them, then back on the warmers and check again once the warmers are up to temp. The end result that you want is that when you come in you can fire the warmers on and never need to adjust again as the pressures are always where you want them.

ambient temps and track temps will play a huge part in this. I think you?re over complicating things, just put in the pressures that you want, adjust after, no point going out slightly below or above than what you ideally want.

just read this. As far as I?m aware there are no recommended hot pressures for the GP?s, not from Michelin themselves. The recommended pressures are cold pressures and the use of warmers are not really needed. I?ve done two days on the Power RS and just went with the cold pressures, 2 relatively easier laps to get heat in them and they were fine. Before each session I?d check pressures and adjust to account for any changes with ambient temps etc.

This was for the Power cup 2s & they are Michelins recommended pressures for hot & cold. there are also Michelin recommended pressures for the Power GPs on the Michelin website.

just read this. As far as I?m aware there are no recommended hot pressures for the GP?s, not from Michelin themselves. The recommended pressures are cold pressures and the use of warmers are not really needed. I?ve done two days on the Power RS and just went with the cold pressures, 2 relatively easier laps to get heat in them and they were fine. Before each session I?d check pressures and adjust to account for any changes with ambient temps etc.

Well what I?d do is whilst the bike is on the stands and the warmers are on I?d keep adjusting the pressures until they are exactly where you want them before heading out. Then when you come in check the pressures immediately, see where they are at, hopefully still where you want them, then back on the warmers and check again once the warmers are up to temp. The end result that you want is that when you come in you can fire the warmers on and never need to adjust again as the pressures are always where you want them.

ambient temps and track temps will play a huge part in this. I think you?re over complicating things, just put in the pressures that you want, adjust after, no point going out slightly below or above than what you ideally want.

The pressures i used were 100% correct for Jerez , as it turned out & I was riding for 2 days with Ian Hutchinson who was coaching me on the track , he was super helpful & we both were checking my tyre pressures after each sessions , I eventually ended up riding day 3 with Pirelli super Corsa slicks SC 2 front & SC 3 Rear , after 2 days the power cup 2 rear was toast but i was asking a lot of the tyre over those first 2 days.

cant beat some proper 1-2-1 instruction (as long as they are good teachers...)

Problem with that is if it's a long lap then you lose proper track time

Problem with that is if it's a long lap then you lose proper track time

Absolutely, the comment is purely noting that the GP?s don?t have a recommended hot pressure. But one lap would be enough to probably get a decent amount of heat in them.

This was for the Power cup 2s & they are Michelins recommended pressures for hot & cold. there are also Michelin recommended pressures for the Power GPs on the Michelin website.

I did 3 days at Mugello in September on the Power Cup 2. The tyres seem very sensitive to air pressures I found. To get them bang on i found i had to check them each session as soon as i came in. On warmers they were not as hot as when out on track. (30 degrees plus for 2 days, not sure the track temp) Wear on day 2 was great. Day 3 i was lazy and didn't check after my sessions, it was a much cooler day and i was full of man flu so running slower. The rear got a hot tear annoyingly.

Latest posts

Back