Electrical problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone had this fault , that when you turn on your ignition key the starter motor turns over and starts the bike it continues to run the starter motor when the motors running and it gets better the sump has gone porus at the drain plug is BMW still replacing them ?

Cheers Billy

sorry to here about your problems billy, I ran my bike right through the winter a year ago and had a very similar problem after a particularly heavy soaking, bike kept staring it's self , my thought was switch gear so after a couple of hefty whacks it stopped doing it and hasn't done since , re the sump mine has been fine so far , prob a silly question but how did you notice the sump? was it leaking? is there visible damage? I am quite para and keep checking mine.

cheers David

Last edited:
thanks for the reply I thought it was the right hand switch gear, it got a good soaking yesterday and I went to start it this morning and the problem started, I need a new right hand switch now tho as I pulled it to bits lol. My sump has gone porus around the sump plug after I changed the oil this morning, no damage just corrosion I always coat it with ACF 50 aswell so basically ive hdd a bad day lol

uch no luck mate! in fairness the switchgear and sumps are known faults so hopefully bmw will replace foc. what years your bike

Mines a 2012 with 20500 miles on im a bit peed off the are fantastic bikes but im gonna be on my 3rd set of right hand switch gear and I know about the sump problem so take care to keep it clean and greased/coated ect

Latest posts

Back