Difference between Sport and Sport Pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HongKongPhooey

Reaction score
Hi all,

Back again, looking at a 2015 Sport, but it doesn't have the performance package, or Pro what ever they're calling it.

Anyone on here have a 2015 without the extra goodies? What's the thinking on the extra kit? Worth it for the road?

Cheers.

I'm using cruise control more than I thought I would, brilliant feature. Mine has everything bar the forged wheels. I'm guessing long term, when it comes to resale, the full spec'd ones will be more desirable to the second hand buyer, typical BMW marketing really!

These are the two models they list and feature differences between normal and sport.

bmws1000rr_zpsvyjsmz96.jpg

My reasoning is if you're going to spend 15 grand on a bike, why wouldn't you spend an additional ?490 on the performance package? Of course you don't need it for the road, but it does gives you the option to set your bike up exactly as you want it, have cruise control which I've found surprisingly useful plus it'll boost the resale appeal of your bike.

Yep, totally agree, but it's not new, only done 400 miles, so not my choice to spec from new. Maybe can be upgraded, but it's reflected in the price, so I'm cool with it.

I bought mine with the fooking lot complete with cast wheels. A lot of cash mind, but hey one life and all that...

Riding mode pro means you can set everything as you want it. Not had a play yet but won't be long. Cruise is superb especially with the bar vibration!
dtc is also better than the active stability control. Had mine to the max in the wet, asc would have left me on the floor although I would not have been so enthusiastic in the wet without the dtc

can't remember where I read it, but I believe some of the upgrades can't be retro fitted.

Back