Decision made

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant

zoot-man
Reaction score
Hi guys, i joined a few months ago with the intention of buying into the s1rr family

after a couple of months of deliberating over Ducati's panigale or a larger GSXR im back where i started - Here with BMW

I did loads of research through the forum to end up with BMW and the specific model I will buy.

I have found one to buy too, but my question is around trade in value of my current steed!

I have been offered ?4250 for my 2008 GSXR 750 put back to standard (have all original parts) its done just over 10k, excellent condition all round and full service history etc etc.....

the reason i ask is that it leaves me financing a little more than i had wanted to.

do you think id get a quick private sale at anything over ?4250? any (on topic :smile-new:) advice gratefully received

Ant

I'm not an expert but I'd have thought that was a pretty good offer. My mate traded his 09 blade last May with about 20k on it and it was immaculate for ?4900. The blade was ?9200 brand new ( I sold it to him ) , don't know how much the GSXR was but it seems reasonable considering it's now 8 years old.

you might get a few hundred quid more but with that mileage imo the dealer has offered good money.i recon ?4750 to maybe ?5k if you got some nice bits on it. I would go for the dealers offer to stop the hassle of idiots offering ?4k on the net. then sell on any other bits to make up the money.

Last edited:
Thanks Beavis, I think I'm in that camp too. would like to think all things considered it would fetch ?5k privately if i held on for the right buyer so the dealer offer seems reasonable. just thought I'd sense check before biting the bullet.

Thought the same mate. The BREMBO RCS19 I assume will be okay to fit onto the BMW anyway (a question for later) and all other bolt-ons will raise a few hundred quid to bring it up to about where I wanted to be.

Don't know a lot about gsxr prices but a quick check of classifieds shows them ranging between your offer and 5800 ish varying mileages and specs. There's one at a dealers for 5100 with similar mileage and a feww bolt on bits fitted. Obviously you can make some money back on whatever extras you have to sell... It's the time of year people are looking for a bargain so no doubt you'd have no problem selling private for around what you've been offered px but other than that I can't really comment. I've just bought my BMW too from a dealer. Had a 2001 Fireblade to px and politely told them where to go when he offered a pathetic 1400 for it. Sold it 2 days later for 2000. Ideally I would have kept until summer when it would have went for not a penny less than 2500, but as you I didn't want the extra on finance. Besides I only paid that for it 3 years ago. You will not be disappointed with the BM though I can tell you that, I went and looked at nearly every 1000cc on the market and every time I went back to the BM until I finally bought it! What year/colour etc are you looking at?

cheers David

looks like all things considered its a fair dealer price. the BMW dealer said they would put it straight out to the trade.lets say i waited until the summer and got 5250 after lots of people messing and patiently waiting. then i have to pay more for the new toy because the prices have risen with the summer sun.

looking at a black 3013 with 6k miles. it has all the bits i'd want to spend my money on already fitted with the exception of a Brembo master cylinder that i will already have so once i take it off the gsxr so im more than happy with the bike, as i say, just anted 500 to 1000 less on the credit agreement really.

Part X' my K8 1000 with 9000 miles last March for ?5000

Ant, why not stick a classified ad up on ebay, it requires no effort and you might get a a couple of extra hundred quid more?

I was going to Mac but have decided to take the partex rather than miss out on this bike. Put the deposit down today and I'm happy with everything.

Will be spending Saturday putting bike back to standard. Should be able to collect the following weekend then.

Will be a long week and an even longer wait till you can give the new bike a good blast.
You're going to love it!

I was going to Mac but have decided to take the partex rather than miss out on this bike. Put the deposit down today and I'm happy with everything.

Will be spending Saturday putting bike back to standard. Should be able to collect the following weekend then.

Nice one mate, fingers crossed the frost stays away so you can enjoy it, which I guarantee you will :encouragement:

Thanks guys. Fortunately work is full on for the next 2 weeks so the time should fly by but yeah as soon as mine is striped I'll be crossing my legs! Quick drive up to Manchester to collect probably on the 12 to collect and I'll post some pics 😄

Previous owner fitted an R55, tail tidy, frame sliders, rad guards screen for me so it's good to go. Bmw giving it a complimentry service not and 12 months tax too

All in a good deal I think

Got ?5k trade in on my gixxer K8 in Feb this year against 2013 S1kRR. Gixxer had 23k miles. FSH, immaculate condition and arrow pipes. I swapped all other bits off for OE and sold separately. Had just had new chain / sprockets and rear tyre.

Ant - you're gonna love the new bike. There have been a lot of gixxer owners moving over to the S1kRR's recently.

Yeah I noticed that reading through the forum! 22nd is the date so I'll throw a picture up once in cleaned and polished it that weekend

Latest posts

Back