Couple of questions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lem123

Reaction score
Hi all, just a few questions, would appreciate any advice

1: has anyone fitted R & G chain guard, thIs is the one that requires drilling and tapping to the bottom of the swing arm. I'm pretty handy when it comes to things like this but drilling and tapping the swing arm makes me nervous. Also looking underneath the swing arm there is a hole approx 6mm which has a thread, what's this for?

2: I have the odd stone chip on underside of rear tail section, I have seen some suggestions of using 3M film? Is there a particular type to use and how do you apply it?

3: I have ordered a scorpion gp exhaust, are these reasonably easy to fit?

appreciate your comments
cheers

Liam :)

Slip on should be really easy. Wont make any difference other than looks though.

Going to try some of that film I think. I wonder if you can just order for certain area's of the bike instead of getting the full kit.

Ive gotta drill/tap for my guard as well, not noticed the threaded hole though, is it close to where the guard would go? will look when bikes back

Going to try some of that film I think. I wonder if you can just order for certain area's of the bike instead of getting the full kit.

I am sure they will sort you out with bits if you speak to them. The guy who runs it is a biker and is pretty good.

Thanks for the replies, bananaman have you fitted yours yet? Or is someone fitting for you, yes the threaded hole is close to where the guard would be fitted on the underside of the swingarm. No idea what it's for?

Its waiting along with some other stuff for me to fit. No, no idea at the moment, maybe it can be utilised as one of the fitment holes...

Last edited:
Think that hole is a drain hole. Fitted the chain 'shark fin' Not that impressed, it needs to go forward enough not to drill into the rear wheel adjusting channel so looks a little out of place but does the job....

That seems counter intuitive to me. The full kit covers all the bits that are likely going to see damage from road or air borne debris. If you are going to get venture shield I'd do the full kit or nothing. I had it put on the bike and it is good stuff, cleans up well too. Expensive for a few bits of plastic but saves on paint damage and might add to resale value?

Latest posts

Back