Hi from north midlands

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldlee

Reaction score
Hello,
A bit about me, done motocross enduro rally for many years, did some road racing up until about 18 years ago and did ok on 1000 exup, zx9,R1,Gsxr1000. Managed to stay away from road racing for 18 years but then last year bought an old zx9 to do a few track days on and maybe/maybe not try road racing again, then saw a 2012 gen2 s1000rr with race fairing etc local for sale so bought it.

Not sure if I should ask here or start another thread but will try it here.
So the Gen 2 S1000rr had race shift fitted but I have converted it back to road shift because you can not teach this old dog new tricks, done that but without putting the quick shifter in the link rod and to start with prefer it without because again I have never used one. Do I just unplug the quick shifter or will that upset the ecu or do I leave it plugged in and cable tie the quick shifter up out of the way?

Also the bike came with sc1 front and sc0 rear slick tyres, (previous owner used the bike on track days in spain) will these be difficult to get heat in to on a cool april track day at darley moor? Do I need some lightly treaded tyres Diablo are they called these days?

Thanks Lee.

Latest posts

Back