Bursig stands

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
I kept my gen2 RR on a Bursig copy stand for 6 years. I've just bought a gen4, and the top mounting bolt/recess on the bike is different. Has anyone used the Bursig stand on a gen4?

Over 160 views and no comments. The centre lift stands make more sense to me, than a couple of paddock stands.

I still keep my Gen 2 on a Bursig and it's great for storage or moving around the garage. It can't raise the bike high enough to be that useful for working on the bike.

I bought a iJac for my S1000R and found that the thinner girth of the bike meant that the lug stuck out the frame and annoyed me when they rubbed against my legs, so it went back. I emailed Bursig to ask them if their lugs would do the same but they never replied.

When I got the Gen 4 I decided to get an Abba Skylift, as I assumed i'd have the same problem with the frame lug sticking out if I used a bursig. All 3 bikes use the same attachments so I can use that for maintenance on any of them, but the Gen 4/R will take turns on the Abba over winter and be on (Harris) paddock stands the rest of the time.

I agree that a centre lift is probably better for the bike mid-longer term, but I have very mixed feelings about the skylift. It's fantastic when it works, but it is fiddly to mount a bike, I've almost accepted that I'll drop one sooner or later. The fitting kits love to fall out when you're having a bad day mounting a bike. Abba have been very helpful with advice and I recently stuck the fitting kits on with silicon sealant. Whilst it removes some of the hassle, you lose a little bit of wiggle room so have to be a little bit more precise getting the bike in the right position.

Last edited:
I use a constand and have done for almost 3 years
d9832b190dd18c99b29c665cbefc0c6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the lug stand proud of the frame Sam?

Doesn't look like there's much floor clearance, just enough to make it moveable? Bursig is higher

Last edited:
Maybe not as much as I thought, but still a bit more...

Attachments

• BursRR.JPG
    BursRR.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Abba1.JPG
    Abba1.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
There is a couple inches of clearance from the ground enough for storage, moving around and washing the lug stands out around 1.5-2cm I?ve never felt it when riding.

Thanks for the replies. The Gen 4 has a bolt on each side of the frame, rather than the earlier single long bolt/nut, So the nearside bolt is replaced with a slightly longer one, that holds the adapter. Any idea what the thread and length of the replacement bolt is? I'll have to reduce the dia of my earlier adapter where it fits into the recess in the frame too. It looks like the recess is 21mm dia? I did contact Bursig about buying a Gen 4 adapter/bolt, but they won't supply them unless you have a receipt for their stand. There were rumours that Bursig were getting the stands made in China, and the Chinese started knocking the copies out for a 1/3 of the price. And also that Bursig copied the original Constand design. Allegedly.

I can find out for you on the weekend as my mate has a complete constand plate and adapter from his old gen 4 sitting in his garage

I can find out for you on the weekend as my mate has a complete constand plate and adapter from his old gen 4 sitting in his garage

Thanks. Ask him if he wants to sell it, and take a pic for me?

and the now defunct 1Jac raged to anyone that'd listen that they invented it and constands/bursig stole the idea from them...

I lost track of who actually designed it and forgot to patent it. I bought the Chinese Warrior version with the lowering damper included. And saved myself around ?300. Funny thing was, it came with a Bursig sticker on it :).

Thanks. Ask him if he wants to sell it, and take a pic for me?

3b634543bab3332112932dc91c629f20.jpg

Bolt is M10 x 5.5cm (not including head) x 1.5 pitch

If you need any more info let me know as I have it here.

And yes he would be interested but you will have to deal with him directly jamiemac bought everything off his rr so is legit.

Thanks for the pic, much appreciated. As I thought, I'd have to reduce the dia of my adapter where it locates into the frame, and change the bolt. I'm not sure if that plate would bolt straight onto my Bursig copy, I'll have a closer look at my plate.

3b634543bab3332112932dc91c629f20.jpg

Bolt is M10 x 5.5cm (not including head) x 1.5 pitch

If you need any more info let me know as I have it here.

And yes he would be interested but you will have to deal with him directly jamiemac bought everything off his rr so is legit.

Could you let me know what the smaller dia of the adapter is, where it's reduced to fit into the frame.

db7856f53d632af311b508e23bd108c7.jpg

2127d1f94d55d39d569f2efa0766246e.jpg

Just in case you wanted to buy this here?s the space for the mounting bolts in case in fits yours.
a9441c4506e6fb0b7aaf8f24347332b6.jpg

Thanks again. I don't have access to a lathe now, so I'll have to reduce the end of my adapter to 21mm by grinding it. If I cock that up I'll be interested in your mates part.

Latest posts

Back