Front Head Stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob999

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried using a front head paddock stand (the type that lifts from the bottom yoke) on the new 2023 S1000RR yet. I've still got my stand (Warrior) from use with my old gixer and seem to have the right adapter to fit but wanted to know if the clearance was enough so as not foul the bottom of the nose fairing and crack it when lifting. I seem to remember the clearance on the gixer was like a bugs bollock.

Cheers
Rob

Removing the plastic shroud is easy. The issue will be if they?ve left the ABS brake line union in the same place as the outgoing model. If they have it completely blocks the hole in the lower yoke that you need to access to fit the stand pin in.

Removing the plastic shroud is easy. The issue will be if they?ve left the ABS brake line union in the same place as the outgoing model. If they have it completely blocks the hole in the lower yoke that you need to access to fit the stand pin in.

Yer, saw that on my mates 2023 XR1000 and wondered the same.

Good news, small panel is removed to reveal the available hole, no longer obstructed by the abs lines. Pull the plastic piece out backwards to reveal.

Bad news. If I put my Harris 15.5mm pin in, which fits (pretty sure Harris said the K67 was 15mm so that is a change). I can only get it in half way before fouling the remaining plastic. I would need a 15-20mm collar on the pin which would mean only 15-20mm was securing the bike.

I could remove the rest of the plastic but I am sure that, that wasn't the intention with the removable panel.
79feccf290ed596465473619d6ffcfa7.jpg
a1fddaac134803f2b2b83878d0b003b3.jpg
411d19f125399b8f55615bd5298f9055.jpg
1adb8ec9faeada52f3ebc1a27b13f0cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Harris do other brackets that may give more clearance, I?d contact them and find out.

I?m wondering if their bracket that?s specific for the K67 is slightly more offset giving the extra clearance of the plastic cover that?s left.

On their website it states the bracket for the K67 is B then is t states 16, not sure if that?s a mistake or maybe something to do with an offset or such like.

I have the Harris stand with the B bracket and 15.5mm pin but I haven?t used it on the K67 as i haven?t needed to. I maybe should have tried it.

P.S just realised you are saying the 15.5mm fits when they state 15mm for the K67 which is a change (MY23 bike versus earlier bikes ). They do state 15mm for the K67 but the MY23 bike is still a K67 so I?m not sure if they?ve changed the diameter of the yoke holes, I?ll maybe try my 15.5mm pin to see if it fits.

Yeah i think the yoke hole is bigger again. Small change for the 2023 model. Unless the 15.5 fits your <2023 model.

I have the B bracket too. Only bought the stand in October and spoke to them on the phone about my plans (gen 3 to 5)

Last edited:
Must be a 16mm hole then and they allow for different tolerances

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I've just gotten round to trying out my old front head stand (warrior). I need new tyres and wanted to take in loose wheels. Anyway, the old stand fouls the underside of the nose fairing and also touches the side fairings, so much so that it will cause damage when lifted. I removed the side fairings including the joining piece but the stand still touches the underside of the nose too much to lift without causing damage. I can confirm the pin is a 15 which fits perfectly. What did you guys figure out in the end? I really can't be arsed removing panels every time I want to remove wheels and would prefer not to use the under fork type. Alex, did you mange to get your Harris stand to fit?

I haven't - invested time or effort. The piece main pin needs reach up further, needs a complete redesign.

Thanks Alex. I know what you mean, I've tried increasing the length of the pin but all that does is alter the angle in the wrong direction and foul the fairing more. I might have to admit defeat and opt for the under fork design.

Under fork is easier imo. Keeps the forks still.

I also find the yoke mounts hard to slot between fairing and mudguard so its easy to scratch...best used when the bike is stripped.

My Gen 2 lived on a Warrior side lift stand in the garage, because it had to be stored sideways in front of, or behind a car. It looks like my Gen 4 will fit on the same stand, with a mod to the adapter. I don't get why people use 2 paddock stands instead of a side lift.

My Gen 2 lived on a Warrior side lift stand in the garage, because it had to be stored sideways in front of, or behind a car. It looks like my Gen 4 will fit on the same stand, with a mod to the adapter. I don't get why people use 2 paddock stands instead of a side lift.

Space ?

Latest posts

Back