Gen 2 V Gen 4.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
I've posted before that I bought a new Gen 2 at the end of 2013, kept it 6 years and did 11k miles on it. I've recently had the first service done on my Gen 4, and the bike feels surprisingly stronger over 8k than my Gen 2 did. It does make me wonder why some people think they need tuning for road use. Has anyone else noticed this when changing from a Gen 2 to a Gen 4?

I've posted before that I bought a new Gen 2 at the end of 2013, kept it 6 years and did 11k miles on it. I've recently had the first service done on my Gen 4, and the bike feels surprisingly stronger over 8k than my Gen 2 did. It does make me wonder why some people think they need tuning for road use. Has anyone else noticed this when changing from a Gen 2 to a Gen 4?

May well be the shift cam, bit like a turbo kicking in after 8k

It's both, gives you bottom end grunt and then switches to screamer. But some of it could be because the bottom end it neutered by emissions targets so when it gets out of that bit of the powerband it really picks up its skirt.

The bottom/mid range feels at least as strong as my Gen 2, which I always ran in slick mode. Where it really takes off is from around 10k, it would be interesting to see dyno comparisons of both engines.

Latest posts

Back