Brembo RCS failures

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shy231_

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Seen a few threads about multiple Brembo RCS failures over last few months on various forums/online.

Anyone had any experience?

or is it just an online blowing things out of proportion.

Makes me weary having a corsa corta on my gen 3

Brembo RCS Failures

I?ve never had any issues with numerous Brembo RCS master cylinders over the years. For perspective you never hear about the thousands of customers who have them fitted with no issues?

Re: Brembo RCS Failures

I?ve never had any issues with numerous Brembo RCS master cylinders over the years. For perspective you never hear about the thousands of customers who have them fitted with no issues?

Thats trueee.....people only have something to say when its bad haha

Also, beware of fakes. There are copies and people seem to think that their 'bargain' purchase somehow couldn't possibly be a fake.

my RCS defo has a QR code and the look and feel for it defo makes me believe its genuine. Im just being cautious over nothing lol.

Mine too was amazingly quick to bleed even from empty

I?ve had various over the years that have been fine but also some that haven?t, they are notorious for needing regular servicing which isn?t usually an issue but the RCS19 the rebuild kit wasn?t available so you had to send it away for a rebuild, not ideal but not the end of the world.

From what I can remember when I bought mine, you get a scratch card in the box with a code that you can verify on their website that it's genuine.

Has anyone on here ever had a sphincter moment because of a fake part fitted, specifically brakes... or does anyone know of someone who has..I'm just curious..

I've often stated on here that I'm happy to buy aftermarket gear from China or wherever, but I draw the line on critical components, brakes being the highest category for me.

Copies are so good now. Take Watches for example... Y.T have some clips of those American guys who do trade in's and straight purchases from punters.. you can see or feel in the case of a phone in, the pain vendors feel when the dealer does a quick strip down, by the dealers' own admission as they talk to the camera piece by piece.."they are just getting better and better"..

I think it used to be a quick visual to the trained eye, then it gravitated to the strap/stitching, now they've perfected those it's the guts they need to open up..eventually spotting some tiny detail.

Rolex is prime for this just now due to the worldwide shortage and likely the most popular copied brand...

NB: a further thought...buying used gear could prove even harder or impossible to expose as a copy if provenance of purchase is not available... BARGAIN... immaculate but used calipers....could easily be fakes..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Has anyone on here ever had a sphincter moment because of a fake part fitted, specifically brakes... or does anyone know of someone who has..I'm just curious..

I've often stated on here that I'm happy to buy aftermarket gear from China or wherever, but I draw the line on critical components, brakes being the highest category for me.

Copies are so good now. Take Watches for example... Y.T have some clips of those American guys who do trade in's and straight purchases from punters.. you can see or feel in the case of a phone in, the pain vendors feel when the dealer does a quick strip down, by the dealers' own admission as they talk to the camera piece by piece.."they are just getting better and better"..

I think it used to be a quick visual to the trained eye, then it gravitated to the strap/stitching, now they've perfected those it's the guts they need to open up..eventually spotting some tiny detail.

Rolex is prime for this just now due to the worldwide shortage and likely the most popular copied brand...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Exactly this, if it?s a critical components then it has to be 100% genuine, it?s not worth the risk plus if there is a failure you?ll be covered as such to a certain extent.

Latest posts

Back