Bmw warranty about to expire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laidbckbmwguy

Reaction score
The 2 year warranty on my 2015 s1000rr is about to run out shortly do you guys reckon it's worth renewing it with bmw or find another warranty company to cover it?

I've had a letter through too, I've not had any issues at all with my bike, ?400 is a lot for a one year extension so I'm not going to bother

I think it's about ?35 a month. That also includes recovery. Like any insurance you only see the value when you need it. My personal experience is that I have had a number of significant repairs/replaced items under the BMW extended warranty which has far exceeded the cost of the cover, plus it will help the residual value of the bike if it has been kept under BMW warranty.

Using a third party for warranty may be fine but it will be another hoop to jump through if a claim is required.

I had a bad experience with warranty direct years ago on a car so my opinion of non manufacturer warranties is rather tainted. On a previous BMW bike I had, the BMW dealer talked me into a third party warranty because it was cheaper (and I presume more lucrative for them), and no surprise that when it came to a claim the third party rejected it (BMW would have paid out). In that instance I kicked off big time with the dealer for obvious reasons and they covered it themselves. But I learnt my lesson on that.

Third party warranties are a waste of time based on twenty years experience in the motor trade. Go for the BMW one for peace of mind or don't bother

I'm in the same quandary. There have been a couple of things with my bike that have made me want the warranty, but it is a lot of money. I didn't realise it included their recovery service though, that makes it a bit easier to swallow.

Im with Soof I signed up for the monthly extended plan think i pay 41 quid. Well worth it in particular if you go abroad. Im still planning Switzerland this year. Anyone fancies a week away end of July let me know

Stu

Sent from Galaxy S7

Im with Soof I signed up for the monthly extended plan think i pay 41 quid. Well worth it in particular if you go abroad. Im still planning Switzerland this year. Anyone fancies a week away end of July let me know

Stu

Sent from Galaxy S7

I need to be self employed so I can do these trips :/

Recovery has always been part of my motorcycle insurance policy here in Ireland
Only ever needed to use it once in 27 years commuting and that was on my bmw

Latest posts

Back