Camshaft/ cam followers failure

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve2406

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum world so please do bear with me ?. This may well have been asked before but i wasnt able to find an answer in the search feature. I have a 2010 S1000rr with a suspected cam shaft and/or followers failure. Ive done abit of research on google and learnt that this was a common issue on the gen1?s. Ive also learned that if the bike has covered less than 36k miles, Motorrad may cover it under warranty, is this true? Im a mechanic by trade, so im involved in the industry, so find this hard to believe, given the age of the bike! Although i do know of instances where if its caused by a manufacturing error (common issue) warranty does still apply. Any info on the matter is appreciated.

Steve

It's very often down to dealers advocating on behalf of owners, but it very much has happened that out of warranty bikes have been fixed up gratis because the 'bike left the factory with a fault'. 12 years old might be pushing it. It's a shame the previous owners didn't pay attention to the issue...

Hi Alex, i have heard of some really exceptional stuff being done under warranty, from what i read Motorrad?s aftercare is absolutly brilliant!
I actually bought the bike off a friend so know its been looked after. It actually had the valve clearances and other engine work done just last year. Its just sod?s law it devolps the issue after i buy it!

Hi Alex, i have heard of some really exceptional stuff being done under warranty, from what i read Motorrad?s aftercare is absolutly brilliant!
I actually bought the bike off a friend so know its been looked after. It actually had the valve clearances and other engine work done just last year. Its just sod?s law it devolps the issue after i buy it!
Not enough use!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Worth a try.... I had an engine failure on my gen 1 8months out of warranty, Bmw supplied a new one, I paid for fitting. Service history up to the hilt though ....

Thanks for the info mate. Yea mine has limited SH to be honest, although the last major service last year was done by a dealer

Latest posts

Back