BMW Club 'Ride Friendly' Trackdays for 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going? Quick show of hands

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be working on my mobile chicane skills in the fast group...being one not dodging them...

You need two for a decent chicane- we can work as a team!

Just watched some Snet laps on youtube.... I knew it's a fast track, but bloody 'ell like it's proper quick innit? [/guymartin]

Done plenty of laps round Pembrey and Mallory Park but this is gonna be fun! Just hope my brain can cope with more than 6 corners....

You need two for a decent chicane- we can work as a team!

Just watched some Snet laps on youtube.... I knew it's a fast track, but bloody 'ell like it's proper quick innit? [/guymartin]

Done plenty of laps round Pembrey and Mallory Park but this is gonna be fun! Just hope my brain can cope with more than 6 corners....

You'll be hitting ~160 on both straights all being well :shadow:.

There are a lot of instructors available, make it known you want to follow one for a session or two - learn the lines - the better you know the track the more you can enjoy it. It's fast and flat, no hidden surprises. Great for confidence building.

The Flymo will be there! I'll take 1 more in inters and 1 in the experienced group, then it's a reserve list, it's more a weekend thing for lots of us, I live 5 miles from Snetterton and they'll be pitching tents in my garden from Saturday onwards, Tuesday midday, normally they finally have all gone, Monday evening we go to a take away, eat it in the local pub and relive the day, I love it, (now it's full)

p.s. flew home from Spain a week ago on my own, sat in between a 24 year old lad and a 30 year old girl, both Spanish, we chatted non stop for the full 2 and half hours, she said as she left, "that's the quickest flight I've ever been on" I took it as a compliment, she said it was meant to be.

p.p.s. don't phone me unless you've got an hour to spare!!! Soof, would you agree?

This sounds like a good shakedown for the year!

ive emailed him if there are any spaces left for mon 9 May

how do I spot you there for the pit garage? Will you wear a red rose or be holding a copy of the Times... Spy stylee!?:eek-new:

Last edited:
Hi just emailed you. Could you mail back and I'll sort payment. Experienced or inters fine. What ever has more spaces. I've pedalled round sent a few times.

The Flymo will be there! I'll take 1 more in inters and 1 in the experienced group, then it's a reserve list, it's more a weekend thing for lots of us, I live 5 miles from Snetterton and they'll be pitching tents in my garden from Saturday onwards, Tuesday midday, normally they finally have all gone, Monday evening we go to a take away, eat it in the local pub and relive the day, I love it, (now it's full)

p.s. flew home from Spain a week ago on my own, sat in between a 24 year old lad and a 30 year old girl, both Spanish, we chatted non stop for the full 2 and half hours, she said as she left, "that's the quickest flight I've ever been on" I took it as a compliment, she said it was meant to be.

p.p.s. don't phone me unless you've got an hour to spare!!! Soof, would you agree?
Hi. Give me a mail in a bit I've managed to get the day off. Way hay!!

Pete,

Chuck Rob a mail [email protected]
Success!! Rob gave me the last space. Inters I think. Top bloke. See you all there Monday. Weather looks dry and settled. Do you all hang out in a little BMW huddle or what is the pit garage number? Be good to meet some of you. Pete

There will be a banner over one of the garages for the forum though we won't all get in it I expect. Garages are first come first served, but there should be enough space for all. With no tyre warmers etc people should have less stuff cluttering up the garage space.

Pete's took the last place, now I can do the risk assessment, then the squad assignments, then the instructor briefing notes, then the rider briefing notes, then my list of things to take, then, then, then, anyone want to run a track day?!!!

Picked up 2 x 8 ft banners for the pit garages this afternoon. Thanks to all the premier members for your subs - this is where a chunk of your money (?84) goes to raise the forum profile and hopefully get you even better deals on stuff by increasing our membership/buying power. The rest pays for the staff on my private jet lol.

Going to see if I can pack them on the bike easily or else I'm going over to see Stephen Saturday ;(, he has kindly offered to take them down in his van.

So if we manage to get there and get them hung up that's where we'll be!

Attachments

• image-674675309.jpg
    image-674675309.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
There will be a banner over one of the garages for the forum though we won't all get in it I expect. Garages are first come first served, but there should be enough space for all. With no tyre warmers etc people should have less stuff cluttering up the garage space.
ok. I'll look for it. Riding from London so about 90 miles each way. What time you getting there?

Pete's took the last place, now I can do the risk assessment, then the squad assignments, then the instructor briefing notes, then the rider briefing notes, then my list of things to take, then, then, then, anyone want to run a track day?!!!
me, me, me!!! Beats working for a living!

I think they should be positioned high enough to be above the opening, that's as far as I've got. Sticking or suspending, whatever works best TBH.

Latest posts

Back