Bleeder screw size

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heretic

Reaction score
Hi all,
Any one know what size the front brake bleeder screw is? Had a bit of an incident and I only just realised that its snapped off. How I'm going to get it out is a story for another day but I need to look for a new bleeder screw but no idea what size I should be looking for.
Thanks

Pretty sure it is an M8x1.25 and it's 16mm but worth waiting on someone to confirm that.

As for getting it i'll leave that to someone who will advise you that have you damaging the caliper but i am sure it will be relatively straight forward.

My first thought to remove it wold be very carefully drill it, and use an easy out. I think if ?I was doing this on a bike like the s1k, I would take the caliper off and drill using a pillar drill, with the caliper clamped in place, rather than using a hand drill. But that ma just be me being overly cautious. Also have to be very careful not to damage the bleed nipple seat in the caliper when doing it

Thanks but its actually the bleeder screw at the brake lever. Would it be the same size as the one at the brake caliper?

I think that is actually the M8x1.25 - 16mm one, as i think the calipers are more like an M10x1 actually, the only reason the M8x1.25 stuck in my head is because I changed calipers!

But i do know that the M8x1.25 fits both the M4 calipers and also the OEM front brake MC

Just easiout it should not be tight, I'm not sure of the size though.

I does have a hole already in it so hopefully its an easy job to remove it.

Just need know to find the bleeder screw, I'm heading to my local parts store so will see if they have those screws

As it has snapped off in an accident and not sheered off as it was seized in it should be relatively easy to extract, Torques drive bits make good extractors it would be best to remove the master cylinder

Thanks, I popped into my local automotive store and they had nothing. Looks like Ebay for me

screw fix for the extractor, I might have a nipple in my garage, I'll pm you one if I find one.

Latest posts

Back