Brembo front calipers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking to change the front calipers to set of brembos only keeping the stock brake leaver. Could anyone suggest a suitable caliper as there seems to be a few options out there.

Many thanks

Brembo Front Calipers

Keeping the original master cylinder and brake lever isn?t the issue. Most aftermarket Brembo calipers for the Gen 4 require new brake lines. Brembo GP4-RX calipers (100mm) will fit with the OEM lines but expect to pay ?1200+.

Brembo Front Calipers

thank you, how about the brembo M4 100mm calipers?

As far as I?m aware you will need new brake lines with the M4 calipers. I wouldn?t expect much improvement over standard with them though as they are an old caliper. For true performance gains you need to be buying Brembo GP4-RX or GP4-MS race calipers. The standard OEM calipers are very good if you use decent brake pads and fluid.

Wouldn?t the new calipers affect or mess up with the ABS? Carpimoto is giving warnings to replacing the stock calipers with any non-stock/OEM calipers as the fluid amount and movements will change.

If replaced, is there a way to recalibrate the ABS based on the new calipers?

I fitted M4 calipers to my machine last year as well as the Corte Corse master cylinder and the hoses were sourced from the excellent people at HEL.

You have to remove the locating sleeves from the fork lugs. The major faff is replacing the brake line from the ABS unit to the master cylinder which requires a degree of fiddling with the tank lifted to route between the frame and the top of the radiator. You may have to open up the cut outs in the fork fairing plate to accomodate the hoses. Brake bleed with GS-911.

I have ridden the bike for maybe 2k miles with this configuration and have absolutely no complaints in any department, the degree of feel combined with stopping power is blissful. - Oh and the colour coordination is pleasing on a black bike.

Last edited:
Re: Brembo Front Calipers

Keeping the original master cylinder and brake lever isn?t the issue. Most aftermarket Brembo calipers for the Gen 4 require new brake lines. Brembo GP4-RX calipers (100mm) will fit with the OEM lines but expect to pay ?1200+.

Just on this ?.

I?ve seen a few people replace the a Hayes callipers with the GP4RX and not have issues and keep the OEM brake lines.

However I installed the GP4RX on my bike which had the newer Nissin calipers and because of the different orientation of the hydraulic port, I couldn?t get them installed without getting kinked. I ended up having to buy replacement hoses from hel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nissin setup is different. Uses a different master cylinder to that of the hayes.
The Nissin's are essentially the same as the M50's/Stylema's found on Ducati's.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I fitted M4 calipers to my machine last year as well as the Corte Corse master cylinder and the hoses were sourced from the excellent people at HEL.

You have to remove the locating sleeves from the fork lugs. The major faff is replacing the brake line from the ABS unit to the master cylinder which requires a degree of fiddling with the tank lifted to route between the frame and the top of the radiator. You may have to open up the cut outs in the fork fairing plate to accomodate the hoses. Brake bleed with GS-911.

I have ridden the bike for maybe 2k miles with this configuration and have absolutely no complaints in any department, the degree of feel combined with stopping power is blissful. - Oh and the colour coordination is pleasing on a black bike.

Sorry to revive an old thread but im currently in this position too.

I have some Brembo M4's that i want to fit to my Gen 3.

Current set up is OEM calipers, lines & ABS.

As the M4's wont work with the OE lines. Im guessing i have to get a "Race line" setup whereby I bypass the lines going back to the ABS pump.

My question is if i do this and i can see that kits are offered with a ABS pump block off......do i need to remove the rear caliper lines & also fit a direct master to caliper line there too?

Also if anyone send a link for where they have bough please.

https://racesparesuk.com/product/bmw-s1000rr-2015-2018-braided-brake-lines-copy-2/

Thinking this above

Re: ABS Delete

As far as I can remember on the Gen 3 you need to blank the ABS pump and completely remove all the OEM lines. You then need to order new front lines from calipers to master cylinder and a separate rear brake line to rear master cylinder.

To cover the ABS pump you will need one of the following.

https://www.alpharacing.com/en/cover-abs-dtc-modulator/3451a001b00

Thanks Ryan.

Think im going to leave the pump on the bike and just screw in some block offs.

Will try and call HEL on monday or order what was from the link i posted earlier.

Hi my new plan is

Stock calipers.

Alpha direct lines master to caliper on front.

Blank abs pump holes for front

Leave rear as stock (runs off different circuit)

However I have now had conflicting info that the bike will get confused if I do this and will cause DTC issues.

Does anyone have any experience on this. Do I definitely need to replace rear lines too ?

Hi my new plan is

Stock calipers.

Alpha direct lines master to caliper on front.

Blank abs pump holes for front

Leave rear as stock (runs off different circuit)

However I have now had conflicting info that the bike will get confused if I do this and will cause DTC issues.

Does anyone have any experience on this. Do I definitely need to replace rear lines too ?

Also heard need to do both or none at all... I'd try and an get an answer from someone like Crowe performance/Fho etc

Latest posts

Back