Been thinking of changing bikes.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have had the odd moment of thought that I want to give up the S1000 for a 600, I know I might regret it but I keep thinking of Buying or Part exchanging the S for a Triumph Daytona 675. :joyous:

I had a test ride on the latest Daytona last Saturday and it felt real good, it had quite a lot of grunt for a small bike and the handling was very good. It put a smile on my face when I was screaming it through some of the local twisties. It brought back fond memories of my first New Bike, a CBR600FP way back in 1994.

Has anyone one on here had a 675?

What is the best forum for a 675, also anyone know of a 675 owner who might want to px?

Phil

Thanks,

I am 5' 7'' (5' 10'' with heels :barbershop_quartet_)

Your welcome. Its a great bike, lovely sound track with arrow cans. Only problem for me was it was a tad small (not engine size).

Swapping your S1000RR for anything other than a HP4 is a very silly idea :D

A friend of mine had a Daytona 675 and hated it. Said it spent more time in the garage being repaired than on the road, and was thoroughly unreliable. And he used to ride a Ducati to work every day!

Test rode one and really liked it. It was a demo that had the quick shifter installed, smoother shifts than the S1000RR. I would have gotten one if they weren't going to rob me on trade in.

Test rode one and really liked it. It was a demo that had the quick shifter installed, smoother shifts than the S1000RR. I would have gotten one if they weren't going to rob me on trade in.

Had the shifter on mine, and agree with smoother. I had no problems with mine. More reliable than an S1000RR imho.

Swapping your S1000RR for anything other than a HP4 is a very silly idea :D

A friend of mine had a Daytona 675 and hated it. Said it spent more time in the garage being repaired than on the road, and was thoroughly unreliable. And he used to ride a Ducati to work every day!
I feel for your friend, there will always be some bikes that play up.. Hating a Bike you have purchased must be terrible.

Re the HP4, I really dont feel the need to own one. Maybe in a few years time when my senses are not so sharp I might consider one, until then I will be happy admiring them from afar :abnormal:

I felt the same, smoother for sure. The dealer offered me a silly px deal in his favor, I know they are there to make a profit but his excuses for the low px price was insulting my Intelligence (and Im not that Bright to start with).
I will try Lings of Ipswich, I bought my Tiger from them, grrrrrr

Your welcome. Its a great bike, lovely sound track with arrow cans. Only problem for me was it was a tad small (not engine size).
I am lucky as I fit most Sportsbikes really well (short torso long legs), that is apart from Ducatis and MV's, I struggle to reach the bars! I can reach the bars if I ride with my arms straight but thats not me, head down and arms bent is neutral/natural for me.

Re the HP4, I really dont feel the need to own one. Maybe in a few years time when my senses are not so sharp I might consider one, until then I will be happy admiring them from afar :abnormal:

There is only a 2 year production run on HP4 s.

Phil tell me you didn't go to Ongar Motorcycles. If you go for the Triumph don't under any circumstances buy from them.

If you fancy a 600 how about the Honda RR any vintage is meant to be as sublime as the Daytona. If I fitted on one I wouldn't need much more cc's

Phil tell me you didn't go to Ongar Motorcycles. If you go for the Triumph don't under any circumstances buy from them.

If you fancy a 600 how about the Honda RR any vintage is meant to be as sublime as the Daytona. If I fitted on one I wouldn't need much more cc's
Agreed mate, I only went to Ongar cos it was near, I bought my Tiger from Lings in Ipswich and they will get the business or maybe the bunch in Romford.

I have ridden the Honda 600 04 RR and the fantastic 07 RR, both great but feel that the Triumph is worth a try.

It was sweet, Im going to ride a 2011 and a new 2013 Daytona back to back. The bike seems fast enough, I didnt think I was riding it any slower than the S1000.

Nice, and I imagine on really twisty roads it may even be a bit quicker. Lighter and easier to flick around.

be sure to buy a surplus of reg/recs with it , they are a lovely bike to ride but i think the build quality is proper shite , ( worse then the boxheads)
not really sure an ohlins shed R is worth 10K either but that just my opinion.
They are almost certainly quicker through the corners , however not very difficult to pass on the straights.
I could never get used to the constant up and down the box either , I must be getting old :)
good luck with the test ride Phil , hope you enjoy it , are you just fed up of the beemer????

Latest posts

Back