Been thinking of changing bikes.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, and I imagine on really twisty roads it may even be a bit quicker. Lighter and easier to flick around.
I took out the 2013 on a real twisty route, I wasnt pushing it, I will for the next test ride, the turn in felt pretty quick and it was easy to get the bike stood up just as quick.

be sure to buy a surplus of reg/recs with it , they are a lovely bike to ride but i think the build quality is proper shite , ( worse then the boxheads)
not really sure an ohlins shed R is worth 10K either but that just my opinion.
They are almost certainly quicker through the corners , however not very difficult to pass on the straights.
I could never get used to the constant up and down the box either , I must be getting old :)
good luck with the test ride Phil , hope you enjoy it , are you just fed up of the beemer????
Thanks for the heads up Bob, Yes I am getting a little fed up with my Sthou, dont know why (??) , probably after a trip to Snetterton. I didnt bother going flat out down the straight, I was only interested in the Corners :encouragement:

Even the Aprillia isn't the mini-bike that it's supposed to be. I had a good seat on one (sadly static) with a mind to how I'd fit, given I'm 6' but with weird proportions (long back) Didn't feel markedly more cramped than the S1K - not as much bulk, and felt lower to the ground, but by no means uncomfy. I thought the pegs would be in my arse, but leg position genuinely felt no different to the S1K.

I've spent an hour on an 1199 and at 6'2 and "bulky" it was awful. it's way to skinny and because the tank is very low/slender it makes the handle bars feel way to close to seat. I was ok with riding it for first 10 minutes (apart from it's skinniness) but I couldn't find a riding position that was comfy for the long term. The distance between seat on handlebars is probably the same as S1 (roughly) but because the tank has no bulk it causes you to lay flat more and thus making your top half closer to bars. OK for track day when you want to be led flat taking corners with head between handlebar and mirror but not ideal for the avg weekend ride.

When i bought it home to show wife, from behind she said it looked like i was wearing a white thong not sat on a bike. I've seen the 899 is person and from memory of the 1199 i'd say it was a bit smaller.

But don't get me wrong the bike was amazing, and if you can test ride one for a couple hours and get on with it, then i'd change an S1 for an 1199 anytime (899 might be lacking in power)

Back