bar end weights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybob

Reaction score
can anyone tell me about bar end weights i want to try a heavier bar end weight as my left hand goes to sleep sometimes
how do i know if its a heavier bar end weight i have looked online and most places just say bar end weight
cheers
bob

I'm no expert on bar weights (so anybody can jump in and correct me), but they stop vibration felt through handlebar, so i suppose in theory a heavier one would make your hand go to sleep quicker/easier.

Plus a bar ends weight is usually calculated for optimum vibration-reducing performance for the specific bike, and i'd hope something that simple wasn't miscalculated by BMW. Aftermarket ones tend to just be same weight but look nicer.

Is your bike sitting level or ass up? when at track I have bike slightly ass up and this after 5 laps can give pins and needles from upper body weight being more on hands and wrists

You would need to buy some steel bar weights to make a decent difference, all the alloy ones weight about the same. Or you could try filling the bars with lead shot. :)

Back