Short Bar End Weights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob999

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a pair of shorter than standard bar ends for my 2023 S1000RR Sport. They have to be less than the stock ones of 30mm (3cm). 20mm should be the max but anything less would be perfect.

Cheers Rob

Why shorter ?

Hi Bananaman, thanks for replying.

Basically, the bike needs to be manoeuvred in and out of a doorway. Unfortunately the bar ends are catching (actually the brake lever guard is catching but it's integral to the bar end so needs to come off). I'm afraid it's going to either break the guard or the door frame, either way it needs sorting. I'm looking for a pair that are less then 30mm (the shorter the better).

I've since seen a pair that are 20mm which will do the job but I now need to know the inside diameter of the bars and also when I take the standard ones off is there anything left behind in the tube or is it completely hollow as to allow the fitting of the new bar end expansion fitting?

Cheers
Rob

Hi Bananaman, thanks for replying.

Basically, the bike needs to be manoeuvred in and out of a doorway. Unfortunately the bar ends are catching (actually the brake lever guard is catching but it's integral to the bar end so needs to come off). I'm afraid it's going to either break the guard or the door frame, either way it needs sorting. I'm looking for a pair that are less then 30mm (the shorter the better).

I've since seen a pair that are 20mm which will do the job but I now need to know the inside diameter of the bars and also when I take the standard ones off is there anything left behind in the tube or is it completely hollow as to allow the fitting of the new bar end expansion fitting?

Cheers
Rob

Ah, right.

Erm all other gens were M12.
I can take mine out tomorrow and check.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Turns out they are M8 on the '23!

Which means, the M12 lever guards I was going to fit now need to be sold!
5d086e8b956019dc2ecb9961644e8ffd.jpg
3943cf797e663314ff58e3bb25c7e31b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking Alex. That opens up the Evotech ones for consideration. Just waiting on them to come back to me with the length of them. They reckon the heavier weight will cure the mirror vibrations.

I might have a spare brake lever guard going when I finally get some if that's any use.

Gordon Bennett! Can't believe how hard it is just to get a bar end that fits my needs. Find one with the correct bolt (M8) but the bar end is too long. Find one that's the right length but the bolt is too small (M6). Might have to look at a replacement OEM off fleabay.

Does @GixxerChuck still do them?

Alex, If you are fitting lever guards does that mean you will have a spare OEM bar end left over <cough cough>.

Latest posts

Back