Anyone insured thru BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Can't say I'm impressed. Went on a comparison site and found to my surprise that they were really competitive. Previously they turned me down flat due to my convictions, so you can imagine my surprise.

Anyhow went ahead using my phone online and bought and paid in full an annual policy. Noticed as I printed off the Docs I should have informed them of my 1 modification ie my Delkevic slip on. Missed it as I had signed up on my phone.

So thought it best to call them... tried twice, like the first 12 min wait the second time I was on auto respond waitng on someone to answer "your call is important to us" for 20 mins..if its that important answer the ******* phone !...

So gave up and emailed them... they replied apologising and asked questions about my slip on can... they replied by saying it would be passed to an underwriter and they would get back to me...that was over a week ago. WTF!. They havent even chased me for proof of NCD..

I dread a claim.. any commemts lads ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have only one claim with any insurer Stuart and it was for a stolen GSA in 2012. It was insured with BMW underwritten by Devitts and the process was simplicity itself, full ?16.5k payout and an additional ?1000 for my accessories no worries. They are super expensive at times though, I think the Post Office underwritten by Devitts were around ?1000 cheaper for the same policy when I had my HP4 for one year.

Both my bikes are now insured by the Post Office.

If I were you I'd email them and send a picture of your bike showing the exhaust and await their reply, least you cannot be accused of withholding info.
Also when they examine the photo they will see the width of your "Safety Strips" on the rear tyre and probably half your premium, lol.

JimmyMac

JimmyMac

Insurance is such an arse pain. I swapped my RSVR for my nice new S1RR about a month ago and when I got quoted to swap by Carole Nash it was really expensive - as in an extra ?300 just for the final 3 months of the life of this years cover! Its a multi bike policy and my other one is an S1XR so both nice bikes but still. There was lots of sucking of teeth when they found out my garage isn't alarmed and the bikes didn't have alarms but had trackers, so I thought "sod it" and got my house alarm extended to cover the garage and have had Datatool S4C1 Red Thatcham approved alarms fitted to both bikes at a cost to me of ?750. This got me a reduction in the quote of ?0. Hmmnn I think I will try elsewhere at renewal.

Did you not try bemoto Stuart?
I didn't Soof.. I actually never thought. Will bare in mind for next year.. my premium was ?360 so actually quite happy with that..

I emailed them last night to ask about my can and NCD. Still no reply. Devitt are the provider dont know whos undewritten it I wonder if BMW know how shite this mobs comms are..

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I went with BeMoto this year, very helpful.

But agreed that dealing with insurance companies is generally a pain in the ar$e - I recently changed my BMW M3 for an M2 and transferred the insurance over - which was relatively painless, I then contacted them to update that I had fitted a Thatcham Cat 6 tracker - believe it or not they wanted to increase my premium WTF ?

I then contacted them to update that I had fitted a Thatcham Cat 6 tracker - believe it or not they wanted to increase my premium WTF ?

They might have noticed you were hanging about on street corners in Leith Colin.

"I was only asking if she wanted a lift home, honestly Officer", lol

I was told by an insurance worker not to state that my vehicles are in a locked garage at night as it gives them a get out if you leave them out on your drive, there is often no difference in premium and it is one less hoop to jump through.

JimmyMac

But agreed that dealing with insurance companies is generally a pain in the ar$e - I recently changed my BMW M3 for an M2 and transferred the insurance over - which was relatively painless, I then contacted them to update that I had fitted a Thatcham Cat 6 tracker -believe it or not they wanted to increase my premium WTF ?

Off topic but how do you find the M2 v M3, not driven either but those M2's look the business (diesel BM's in our house I'm afraid, well apart from the S1K...)

Final word on this, eventually after 16 days or whatever I called MCE AGAIN, asking where the fxxx was my proof of NCD, clearly got a switched on guy who emailed it me seconds after I hung up the phone.

Scanned doc in and emailed to Devitt (BMW) who 2 days later emailed me saying they NOW had everything and all was in order..still not heard anything more about my can, which was referred to an underwriter way back 1st October.

I am taking it as the U/W accepted my can without any loading on the premium...not impressed, hope I don't have this hassle in the event of a claim...communication is piss.

Stu

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back