Alex's 2023 Gen 5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The new hotness...

I had fitted a cheap light R&G lever guard for the track due to having to rush after being let down by a scammer (GDH).

I found I was getting quite a buzz from the bars without any weighting so I have picked up the Evotech weighted bar end and lever guard.

1. I love the ecologically sensible packaging
2. They have real heft. They weigh a combined 460grams

c3a47fb13a4ce3ae045cef34fe44d4ab.jpg

ce54b37fa472a4160730b3f629b6e16b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I like the engineering itself, all feels nice quality and well thought out. The fit and finish of the parts has some nice touches.

Its my wife's birthday.

So naturally I got a little something from Alpha for the bike so it wasn't jealous of the lack of attention.

The one thing that hasn't been slick on the '23 has been full throttle shifts. I am hoping that the Fast Shift Sensor and an adaptions clearance will see it this improved.

In picture;
  • FSS
  • 135mm short rod for OEM rearsets
  • Bracket for the FSS plug.

26628079237f2ba2db2347867437d5f2.jpg

Last edited:
alpha Racing Shift Assist

Fantastic bit of kit. Make sure that you have 90? angles when fitting, clear the adaptions and recalibrate. After that your good to go.

Model Years

The one on my Gen 3 was ace. Was frustrated it couldn't be ported across

Welcome to the frustration that is swapping between the K46 and K67! Nothing is compatible! It?s not quite so bad between the K67 and K66 though.

Good stuff, glad you too are happy with the upgrade.

I've just replaced the oil (BMW Advantec) brake fluid (Brembo LCF600) and chucked a 16t sprocket on the front.

Next up I will be doing in a mirror, indicator & plate delete using the BMW track kit...the FSS and then shipping to Almeria in early Nov.

1200miles on it at this point.

Rear Plate Cover

Good stuff, glad you too are happy with the upgrade.

I've just replaced the oil (BMW Advantec) brake fluid (Brembo LCF600) and chucked a 16t sprocket on the front.

Next up I will be doing in a mirror, indicator & plate delete using the BMW track kit...the FSS and then shipping to Almeria in early Nov.

1200miles on it at this point.

I think I have a spare BMW rear plate cover you can have. Will check tomorrow and send you a WhatsApp.

I bought one a month back chap, but thanks.

Ultimate stoppers.
Managed to get a full set for ?216 which those that know will confirm is a low price.

I think DR Bikes made a mistake but I am not complaining.
8969ddb9a6dd4ee74cdc0e60bcbd03e4.jpg

These spare RST's will have to wait a while now...
7c5c85b85cdd4a2af39d0ed82e952b8b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, You run DS1 in one caliper and DS2 in the other. Not both in each caliper.

I'm not good enough to know if it matters but if everyone who does know runs them this way, I am not arguing.

Less brake dust than Z04.

Yes, You run DS1 in one caliper and DS2 in the other. Not both in each caliper.

I'm not good enough to know if it matters but if everyone who does know runs them this way, I am not arguing.

Less brake dust than Z04.

What's the reasoning behind this ?

The two pad compounds have different characteristics one is very bitey and the other progressive. People like middle ground.

Latest posts

Back