Alex's 2023 Gen 5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Wait up...what's that behind my old bike...

20230330_161207.jpg

Looks tasty

20230330_161219.jpg

I haz?

20230330_161310.jpg

Thanks!

20230330_164449.jpg

Gen 5, Storm Black, Forged Rims.

Last edited:
Re: The new hotness...

First mod

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk
25a556608dc287bfcbcb3591454ebd9f.jpg

Last edited:

Is that what it?s being called, the Gen 5? I was never sure what to call it.

Looks awesome.

Cheers. Re Gen 5, the Gen 2 and Gen 3 were 'noticable' facelifts to the K46 platform. This is a noticeable facelift of the K67. Wings, tail section and then hopefully a host of improvements under the skin, which will lead to less recalls...fingers crossed.

Congrats looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under the LED garage lights found that someone at the dealership has valeted it and gouged scratches into the black. Hard to see in pictures but ultimately in an unacceptable state. I contacted the dealership to ask for the paint to be corrected by a proper detailer... We shall see what I get as a response. I am expecting a denial...but no one else has washed it! Black is a bastard for scratches.
4cbe860aac5f7cc4357dcafefa1139c2.jpg

Scuff on edge
69cbed2b550660d6f20cf68e8fe14b18.jpg

66867441d8011dd7b016b5bbff675af0.jpg

Last edited:

Happier note. Got a few little bits on.

Second hand: Bag, Carbon front and rear guards.

New: Gilles tie down pillion bars / stomp grips

ad64093d59c3359ac0b50dbe6de85967.jpg

f72bcdaa5ce1067e8abaa0d853f22fd9.jpg

5c602e1fdbf1ac46cbacd843a0e72051.jpg
ab632b9181b59a4ddf8f9eeeb9f71a6d.jpg

fe6fc674e8af18d5474adbf80c13d973.jpg

Last edited:

Under the LED garage lights found that someone at the dealership has valeted it and gouged scratches into the black. Hard to see in pictures but ultimately in an unacceptable state. I contacted the dealership to ask for the paint to be corrected by a proper detailer... We shall see what I get as a response. I am expecting a denial...but no one else has washed it! Black is a bastard for scratches.

Scuff on edge

Hang on, I kinda missed this initial post, not like me at all !.. lol...that's a bummer Alex.. is it brand new ?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah brand new, not even ridden it. Dealership cleaned it after they took delivery. Wish I'd told them to not touch it.

Thats a pisser re the paint marks, you can clearly see them in your pictures. It takes the shine (literally) off getting a brand new bike. Not acceptable.

I have a question! Is the DDC exactly the same as the Gen 4? Is it possible to alter the damping at all in the road modes or is it set to what BMW think you want. That might be a bit further through the owners hand book than you've managed to get so far ??

Thats a pisser re the paint marks, you can clearly see them in your pictures. It takes the shine (literally) off getting a brand new bike. Not acceptable.

I have a question! Is the DDC exactly the same as the Gen 4? Is it possible to alter the damping at all in the road modes or is it set to what BMW think you want. That might be a bit further through the owners hand book than you've managed to get so far ??
Not looked at the suspension, will report back when I do.

Congratulations on the Gen 5 Alex, as the guys have said I hope you have a fantastic ownership experience with it.
Re paint, the damage is clearly visible in those photos and the dealership need to sort that for you.

Looking forward to reading your first impressions on the bike in due course [emoji41]

Had my first ride out. All good and no regrets.
Just navigating the estate it was so light on its feet. Never used Dunlop TT's before but they turned very nicely, and despite being brand new, instilled confidence so far.
I only covered 50 miles in rain and road modes, obviously limited to 9000 rpm.
Vibrations, not too bad, mirrors were buzzing more than my hands. Deffo hand tingle when I got home though.
Comfort, I am 5'10 and 90kgs its pretty much made for me, having said that the leg bend is a little extreme for touring! Was good in both modes. I had set my lever position before riding. Think the clutch is lighter than the Gen 3.
Throttle and brakes, really good, except the throttle push when you are coming up to a roundabout and it kinda lurches when the revs drop low...I feel my old bike didn't do that. You can ride around it but I expected better. Also the initial throttle isn't as refined as the RS2E map.
I have the non-M seat and it was pretty good, no complaints. Tempted to try the Wunderlich seat in the future.

Last edited:

Yes the "lurch" is a bit disconcerting at first but you do get used to it. Mine only does it in rain, which I guess makes it worse as you are trying to be smooth. Someone described it as "old giffer XT600" mode.

The clutch is light on the later Gens.. I liked that on my 4.. my HP is murder, if we knock in a 300 miler I can barely pull the lever back to the bar at the latter stages.. TTs are decent rubber.. Good you enjoyed it was about time you treated yourself..now the real spend begins lol..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back