Alex's 2023 Gen 5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimate stoppers.
Managed to get a full set for ?216 which those that know will confirm is a low price.

I think DR Bikes made a mistake but I am not complaining.
8969ddb9a6dd4ee74cdc0e60bcbd03e4.jpg

These spare RST's will have to wait a while now...
7c5c85b85cdd4a2af39d0ed82e952b8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Best pads I've tried ...... DR Bikes are the cheapest I've seen for these - even for the 4 pad Gen 3 calipers which are normally the most expensive, they are "only" ?320.

Currently weighing up going full track mode again this winter, kills me to see the OEM bodywork get roughed up by track work. Now I have moved back to London I can't see me road riding much.

Does anyone know if the K66 2023 MRR track fairings bolt onto the K67? I mean, if I am going track then why not go the whole hog?
Got a few bits ready to go on over winter already :)

I failed to mention, the bike is in Norwich, for insurance purposes.
I need something less ballistic for the road.

Last edited:
It is the Ilmberger Street Bellypan for a full system. I purchased it from Performance Parts Ltd.
https://www.performanceparts-ltd.co...use-with-full-racing-exhaust-/veu-029-s119s-k

The Cat version is this;
https://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/road/bmw/s-1000-rr-19/2023/brands/ilmberger-carbon/ilmberger-carbon-bellypan-long-version-/veu-006-s119s-k

Have to say I'm not overly impressed with it from a fit perspective. The leading edge by the radiator (highest point) is too high for the bodywork because the bolt points are too low, meaning the whole thing is lifted up too high. I may look to change the hole sizes to ease that off. Also it touches the exhaust, I will be fitting heat tape and having a go at tweaking the exhaust to see if I can make more room without having to modify it. Granted the Spark.it exhaust isn't common but I kinda expected a little more wiggle room. I also had to trim down a tab for two of the captive bolts.

But yes it does look good :)

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Interesting to hear about the fitment, not what you’d expect, especially given the price. It’s the one thing about the S1000RR that I can’t get over, why not come with a painted belly pan out of the factory? The other manufacturers seem to be able to do it. It doesn’t help that the standard exhaust is such a monstrosity!

It's very, engineer-led, function over form...anything blocking the cat from cooling would potentially cause an issue in warmer climates and they don't build a cold UK edition.

Yep but their WSBK has a belly pan and every other manufacturer seems to find a way. Just looks unfinished in my view. Plus it means I have to fork out £800 😂

The MRR front mud guard, airbox cover and tank cover are all RPM Carbon. Can't fault them as such though the tank cover may not last long - I got it to protect the Black tank but it seems a little big for it, not a perfect seal. The other bits are spot on.

The MRR front mud guard, airbox cover and tank cover are all RPM Carbon. Can't fault them as such though the tank cover may not last long - I got it to protect the Black tank but it seems a little big for it, not a perfect seal. The other bits are spot on.
Is there a UK supplier for RPM Carbon?

Latest posts

Back