After some opinions please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sussex_rr

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My old man has got a gsxr 1000 k9, he fitted a yoshi pipe + decat 500 miles ago, and its allways ran slightly lumpy since. But today it's got alot worse, only on idle, after 2k it clears. Done some research and it appears the bike needs a power comander? But why after over 500 miles? Any thoughts?

Also i recently fitted a dan moto decat pipe on my bike, does that mean i may need a power comander aswell?

Thanks

Once the cat is removed the fuel air burn is altered. Definitely go for a dyno run at least you will know whether you are running lean/rich. If required then fit a pc or similar. From experience it's worth every penny.

Last edited:
Depends if the GSXR's ecu was trying to compensate or not.

As for the S1000, although not all will give same results. Mine is 2011, Dan moto decat, Akra stubby, KN air filter, front butterfly connected, lambda's connected. Runs lean upto 6k rpm (this is lambda's trying to make bike abit eco) then runs rich after 11,500rpm, not enough to do damage to engine but enough to lose some HP.

So i'd hazard a guess yours might be similar. Also from recently looking into it, a PCV isn't worth it the money, get your ECU reflashed. Couple members already had it done, Mine will be done this year and Lumpy's is in next week.

Also, exhausts soot up over time. In the case of a straight through silencer like a bike pipe, this is likely to make the gasflow better with a little bedding in and therefore knock the AFR out even more.

Back