exhaust fueling and maps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:concern: Does having Dyno power run done void warranty? I took photo copy of the dyno results into bowker motorrad and asked for answers as to why it was low on power compared to figures they have given me! I will be ringing them to talk to "Technician" Tuesday.

Dyno Power Run

Having a power run on a Dyno will not void your warranty.

I have a 2011 that has been in various states of tune, it was a road bike but i've just converted it to track.

Initially i had an austin racing system and a rapidbike race, probably the best piggy back ecu you can get as it does 8 injectors, ignition timing, quickshifter and engine braking, austin racing set it badly, was running far to rich and about 180 whp.

Then took it to dave wood racing who remapped the rapid bike up to 187 whp from memory.

The austin racing system was too noisy for track days so swapped it out for an arrow system, dave had also just bought a rexxer ecu tuning box so we stripped off the rapid bike to go for direct to ecu mapping, when mapping it we noticed the power dropping off as the engine got hot so we went for a valve service, this quickly became a thin head gasket, ported head, dialled cams and a remap, this bought it up to 201whp (the bike also had bst carbons at this time which gains a couple of bhp).

Bizzarly what was more noticable than the power jump was the throttle connection without the piggy back ecu, it was like there was a lag with the rapidbike, when it was removed the throttle response became so much crisper.

I have just converted the bike to a track bike, i have swapped the arrow for an akra as it was still too loud for quiet days with the modified cam timing, i sent the ecu to alpha racing to get track setting put in for tc etc and remove the abs, i then sent to bike back to dwr as i'm not a believer in preset maps, every engine is different, it pulled 204.4whp this time, it has now got dymag up7x rims and a 520 chain conversion too which helps reduce the losses.

:concern: Does having Dyno power run done void warranty? I took photo copy of the dyno results into bowker motorrad and asked for answers as to why it was low on power compared to figures they have given me! I will be ringing them to talk to "Technician" Tuesday.
Do you want a copy of my results? If I was you I'd go to Fw developments and get an other power run for ?40 I think. If you do let me know and I'll try and get mine done at same time to compare result so both bikes have been on 2 of the same dynos. If me of which same time same day.

havent experienced any issues with fitting a slip on to my 2015....i bought the M4 GP can.....proper fireworks with the baffle out but "slightly" more civilised with baffle in! ...still getting approx 140miles to a tank....same milage as standard can.....your issue doesnt sound right?? I'd get it looked at ;)

Latest posts

Back