advice needed please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l0g1k

Reaction score
Hey Guys

So as I mentioned I am about to purchase my first S1000RR

I can only afford a 2010 model as I have a max ?7000 budget and not a cent over that.

Was wondering what are some things to consider such as mileage, mods etc

Thanks
Kyle

Re mileage, the bikes have a valve clearance check every 18000 miles, so I would be mindful of that when purchasing.

Re mods, I would recommend starting with the usual of a professional suspension set up, crash protection (GB Racing case covers etc) and some tank traction pads (Stomp Grip or Techspec).

After market rear-sets are great, but I would try out the OEM setup first and see if it is too your liking.

Best of luck shopping for your new steed [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli.i have found a 2010 with either 7/9000 miles fully stock which really caught my eye

Would you guys say that it's a good deal as it's within my budget too.

Also where would you guys say would be the best place to look for mods and also gear.

How do meet ups etc and rides work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

i have found a 2010 with either 7/9000 miles fully stock which really caught my eye

Would you guys say that it's a good deal as it's within my budget too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Check that it has full BMW service history, the servicing should have been completed every year even if it hasn't turned a wheel.. For the 18K service you should budget between ?500 and ?600.

I have owned my 2010 since new, no big problems at all, the only parts that have failed are the switch gear but I had both replaced free when the bike was about 5 years old as it is a BMW known fault.

Re mods, my bike is still completely standard goes well and handles good enough on road.

Good luck..

Hey Guys

So as I mentioned I am about to purchase my first S1000RR

I can only afford a 2010 model as I have a max ?7000 budget and not a cent over that.

Was wondering what are some things to consider such as mileage, mods etc

Thanks
Kyle
Look out for one that's been lovingly owned (if possible) regardless of upgraded parts or not. Good luck.
Ian [emoji965]️[emoji106]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back