Abs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
The ABS light on the clocks won't go out. Don't know how long it's been doing this as I got the bike yesterday and only realised today what it was and when it should have went of, a few seconds after rolling.
Has anyone had the same issue or heard of it?

Cheers Mazza

Light is solid red. The TC light is on aswell now. I'm not 100% on how to operate these thing yet as I've just licked the bike up. Don't think the wheels have been of lately as the tyres need replacing soon. How do you switch it on and off?

Light is solid red. The TC light is on aswell now. I'm not 100% on how to operate these thing yet as I've just licked the bike up. Don't think the wheels have been of lately as the tyres need replacing soon. How do you switch it on and off?

Read thru the handbook maz abs button you hold down im sure till light goes off.. Mine came on and stayed on but i had fired the engine up and let it tick over in 1st whilst lubing my chain... knocked it in to neutral set bike down and drove off then noticed ABS light had stayed on. Simply pulled over switched bike off and it resets..

Pretty sure that although you can turn abs and DTC off, when the bike is turned off then back on again they reset to default on. The lights being on would mean your bike is displaying that the abs and DTC are faulty, that would require a dealer visit to determine where the fault is.

You could try pressing and holding the abs/DTC button with the engine running to see if it clears the warning lights and reactivates them but I doubt it's going to do anything....

Had a little play with the dtc/and button whilst riding. Both lights went off.
Does the lights being on mean they are active or off?

Lights on means they are not working/off. No lights means no problems :).

If that's the case then you've got a good result.

Yep happy days buddy.
Thanks everyone for the quick response, appreciated.

Back