2D potentiometer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Who has fitted one to a standard Gen 4 w/ road fairings?

What bump stops did you fit? I?ve sourced a second hand sensor so I need to get bump stops and don?t fancy paying the ridiculously stupid price for the Alpha Racing ones. I see R&G do a set but I?m not convinced they will reduce the steering enough to stop the sensor from fouling the radiator, I?ve also noticed from having a look that the plastic inner piece of the fairing by the lower yoke clamp might also be an issue, it?ll be close, can anyone confirm whether or not the sensor clears this piece?

I?m sure I can doctor the R&G bump stops so they do reduce the steering by whatever amount is needed to clear the radiator but I don?t want to cut any of that inner trim piece if I don?t have to, I suppose I?ll find out soon enough but thought I?d ask.

I?ve got the R&G lock stops with the 2d Sensor and they are plenty thick enough to stop the sensor hitting the rad. I actually thinned them down to give me almost full lock.

I?ve got the R&G lock stops with the 2d Sensor and they are plenty thick enough to stop the sensor hitting the rad. I actually thinned them down to give me almost full lock.

that?s good to know, what about the sensor clearing that inner trim piece by the lower fork clamp?

usually need to trim the rad shroud a little on the gen3, not sure about the 4.

Ive not trimmed anything and have lock stops (can't remember make) also inverted the unit

inverted the unit? As in fitted the sensor the other way round? So the wiring would be at the bottom, and it still reaches the connector on the loom?

Did you invert it because of the clearance issues?

inverted the unit? As in fitted the sensor the other way round? So the wiring would be at the bottom, and it still reaches the connector on the loom?<br>
<br>
Did you invert it because of the clearance issues?

Yes, just gives a little extra

Last edited:
Is that cable ties I can see on the sensor where you?ve routed the wiring up it? Was there still plenty wiring to reach the connector? Just shows how long the wiring is.

Yes otherwise wouldnt have done it lol

can?t be too sure with folk these days, depending on what bump stops you?re running the wiring might run out of movement if fitted like that but with smaller bump stops allowing the steering to move further.

Latest posts

Back